www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - New Johnnie Walker The Spice Road

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Johnnie Walker The Spice Road

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: New Johnnie Walker The Spice Road Reply with quote

Johnnie Walker have launched Johnnie Walker The Spice Road which is the first release in the new Johnnie Walker Explorers' Club Collection, a new range which is exclusive to travel retail.

The Spice Road is the first of three no age statement bottlings in the Trade Routes Series. The second and third releases in the Trade Routes Series - Johnnie Walker The Gold Route and Johnnie Walker The Royal Route will be available in travel retail shops in 2013. The Spice Road has a RRP of £26 although i saw it at Glasgow airport last Friday priced £29.99 but World Duty Free/World of Whiskies outlets are not always the cheapest these days and can often be more expensive.

I believe this new range has been inspired by the huge success of the Johnnie Walker Double Black and unlike the Double Black the Johnnie Walker Explorers' Club Collection will remain exclusive to the travel retail channel unlike the Double Black which was later rolled out into the domestic market. This really is a huge investment by Johnnie Walker in the travel retail sector.

You can read more about it here:
www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/johnniewalkerthespiceroad.htm

Bookie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there is a spicy zestiness on the nose, balanced by fresh citrus. The smooth, rich and honeyed flavours on the palate, warmed by cloves, ginger and vanilla sweetness, give way to a smouldering finish of the Johnnie Walker signature smoke

It does sound interesting, i am sure it will sell well to the millions of JW drinkers. I would interested to hear reviews on it.
Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Diageo discovered with the Johnnie Walker Double Black that if you offer some more intense individual flavours the Johnnie Walker drinkers will over look the fact that there is no age statement and still be willing to pay more money than the Johnnie Walker 12 Black Label.

I would be interested to try this one some time as the Double Black is very good although overpriced in high street shops but an ok price from travel retail shops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Blended Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: