www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Feis Ile, Campbeltown Malts Festival

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Feis Ile, Campbeltown Malts Festival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotchnthings
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Feis Ile, Campbeltown Malts Festival Reply with quote

Anyone gone to any of these whisky festivals this year? How were they? I've been to Feis a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, tho the bottlings this year didn't look super appealing and a bit pricey? I'm considering checking out the Campbeltown Malts fest next year.

Fergie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the Feis Ile bottlings have gotten very expensive for what they are, shame really, I wonder how many of the festival bottles actually get opened to be drunk.Glen Scotia do some good stuff so it may be worth checking out for their festival special bottlings in the future
Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is hardly any Islay festival original distillery bottlings under £100 these days, the only one I noticed this year was a no age statement Bunnahabhain for £95 which is readily available from online shops such as https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/33286/bunnahabhain-abhainn-araig-feis-ile-2022 if it had been a peated Bunna I would have grabbed a bottle but I am in two minds whether to get one without reading a review saying it is worth it.
Latic
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lagavulin (12yo) and Caol Ila (15yo ) are at £165 each. £165 for a 12yo, getting a bit silly now?

https://www.malts.com/en-gb/products/single-malt-whisky/feis-ile-2022-lagavulin-12-year-old-single-malt-scotch-whisky-70cl
https://www.malts.com/en-gb/products/single-malt-whisky/feis-ile-2022-caol-ila-15-year-old-single-malt-scotch-whisky-70cl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: