www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - ardbeg uigeadail pricing?

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
ardbeg uigeadail pricing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
straymond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: ardbeg uigeadail pricing? Reply with quote

Hi!

the latest whiskybible claims that this whisky will go for quite a price in auctions, allthough it costs about 70 euro here in norway...

is there someting i have missed?

Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi straymond

I havent got the 2009 whisky bible, i am still using my 2008 bible, i should probably invest in the new one when it is released later this year. I dont know exactly what Jim Murray says about Ardbeg Uigeadail but perhaps he was referring to a paticular batch of Uigeadail.

Each year there is a different batch and hence each batch can vary slightly, i know from experience that some batchs are more sherried than others. Unfortunately Ardbeg doesnt label the bottles with a batch number such as Batch 1, Batch 2 etc unlike Aberlour who does this with the a'bunadh bottling. I have also heard that Uigeadail contains some old Ardbeg from the 1970's and this is is short supply now so the early bottlings of Uigeadail may be considered better and may be a good investment for the future.

There is a way to tell the year your bottle was bottled. You can work out the year from the bottling code printed on the bottle. I have made these codes up for an example:

L4 315 11:32 4ML - L4 = 2004 315=Day of the year 11:32 time of day
L5 164 13:24 4ML - L5 = 2005 164=Day of the year 13:24 time of day
L6 045 10:12 4ML - L6 = 2006 045=Day of the year 10:12 time of day

Incidentally i thought the 2004 bottles i had was the best so far IMO.

Keith
Big Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the a couple of 2004 bottles and a couple of 2006 bottles and the 2004 Oogie was definitely the best i have had. Perhaps Jim Murray is referring to the the earlier bottlings going for quite a a price at auction in the future. I have heard supplies of Uigeadail wont go on forever so this also will increase its value.

Keith i believe the 4ML at the end of the bottling codes is the code for Ardbeg Uigeadail. I think 6ML is the code for Ardbeg 10.

Mac
straymond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great responses, guys!

thanx, I'm new at this... Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: