www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Evening of Scottish Virtuosity 2018 Whisky Reviews

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Evening of Scottish Virtuosity 2018 Whisky Reviews

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Evening of Scottish Virtuosity 2018 Whisky Reviews Reply with quote

Once again Murray Cohen (forum member Quaich1) has reviewed the annual Vintages/LCBO sponsored event, "An Evening of Scottish Virtuosity", which recently took place in Toronto, Ontario Canada which was presented this year by Chivas Brothers Brand Ambassadors Ian Logan and Frank Biskupek.

Murray reviewed the 8 whiskies which were presented at the event which included:
    Aberlour 18 Year Old
    Longmorn 16 Year Old
    Longmorn 23 Year Old
    Scapa Skirren
    The Glenlivet Archive 21 Year Old
    The Glenlivet Master Distiller's Reserve Small Batch
    The Glenlivet Single Cask Davoch
    The Glenlivet Single Cask Hogshead
You can read Murrays review of the 8 whiskies here:

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/scottishvirtuosity2018.htm

McKay
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Longmorn 23 sounds good just a pity about its price.
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I'm the dapper looking gent in the middle of the photo in my review An Evening of Scottish Virtuosity 2018.
Fergie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quaich1 wrote:
By the way, I'm the dapper looking gent in the middle of the photo in my review An Evening of Scottish Virtuosity 2018.
Looking good, and a nice line up of whisky, your notes has put me in the mood for another bottle of the Glenlivet 21 as I hadn't had a bottle in a while then had a bottle at new year and it didn't last long.
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great notes Murray sounds like it was an enjoyable line up of whiskies. I do like the Aberlour 18 but its price has gone mad here at just under £120 https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/aberlour-18-year-old-whisky/?srh=1

As much as I would like to, I have never tried the Longmorn 23 as the price is crazy here at £410 https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/36123/longmorn-23-year-old

What do pay in Canada for these?
TheWM
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great notes again Murray. I agree with the Longmorn 16 and the Scapa. I had the skiren not too long back and I thought it had a lot of layers of flavour that whilst not brilliantly balanced certainly gave me lots to think about and at a very reasonable price.

Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T wrote:
Great notes Murray sounds like it was an enjoyable line up of whiskies. I do like the Aberlour 18 but its price has gone mad here at just under £120 https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/aberlour-18-year-old-whisky/?srh=1

As much as I would like to, I have never tried the Longmorn 23 as the price is crazy here at £410 https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/36123/longmorn-23-year-old

What do pay in Canada for these?

James, the price for the Aberlour 18 is $163 Canadian which is £93 equivalent and the Longmorn 23 is $1258. Canadian which is £717 equivalent. So the Aberlour 18 is cheaper here and the Longmorn 23 is £300 more expensive here and only available by special order.. Wow!!!
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

£717/ $1258. Canadian Shocked I thought it was bad here for the Longmorn 23, I always liked the Longmorn 15 then it was replaced by the 16 which is good but it never became as regular a buy for me as the 15 was. Not sure why they have priced the Longmorn 23 so high, other than profit and perhaps very limited stock and they know there are enough folks willing to pay this for a 23 year old. I am sure your note on it will help shift a bottle or two, still too big an ask for me though for a 23 year old.
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWM wrote:
Great notes again Murray. I agree with the Longmorn 16 and the Scapa. I had the skiren not too long back and I thought it had a lot of layers of flavour that whilst not brilliantly balanced certainly gave me lots to think about and at a very reasonable price.

Thanks Viz. I appreciate your feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: