| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Quaich1 Master Of Malts


Joined: 21 Apr 2012 Posts: 5749 Location: Ontario, Canada
|
Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:54 pm Post subject: Port Askaig 100 Degree Proof 57.1% ABV |
|
|
Here we have quite a delightful Islay independently bottled single malt from an unknown distillery which appears to be Caol Ila. I presented this whisky at my Single Malt Scotch Club last night where I am a Companion of the Quaich.
Color: Hay
Nose: Medicinal essences arise with intrinsic sweetness. caramelized bananas and French toast come through the kitchen while fresh figs, a touch of egg nog and lemons knock on the olfactory door.
Taste: Full-bodied. A layer cake of enticing peat and smoky chocolate wafers explode with vanilla nougat.
Finish: Long, the smoke settles with a briny undertow and a surge of marshmallow essence. A final bow is taken by baked appes and black licorice.
Comments: This is a memorable dram with loads of character and multiple taste dimensions.
Score: 94 _________________ "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
 |
Whisky Dog Master Of Malts

Joined: 09 Apr 2014 Posts: 718
|
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:33 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Great tasting note, I couldn't put it better myself, I have a bottle of this on the go at the moment, a superb whisky and Caol Ila is my guess. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Innes Master Of Malts

Joined: 29 Apr 2010 Posts: 1082 Location: England
|
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I rate this highly also. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|