| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
rafa Single Malt Member

Joined: 05 Jun 2013 Posts: 35
|
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 pm Post subject: Glenlivet 12 Golf Courses Muirfield |
|
|
| I have this old bottling complete with its tin box, and the label reads ''' 750ml and 43 GL''' . is this the same as ABV?? why and when was GL used? thanks! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
 |
Brummie Master Of Malts

Joined: 08 Feb 2010 Posts: 662
|
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:53 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I believe the GL alcohol measurement unit means grams per 1 litre, a unit of measurement which i believe was more common throughout much of French speaking Europe, as well as in Spain and Portugal. But i thought it was used more for the measurement of blood alcohol levels. I have never come across the GL unit used on a whisky bottle. i have seen AL% refering to the percentage of alcohol. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
rafa Single Malt Member

Joined: 05 Jun 2013 Posts: 35
|
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:04 pm Post subject: Glenlivet 12 Gold course series |
|
|
thanks a lot, very interesting.
yes, this bottle is marked 750ml and 43'GL, I was told from the 70s.
all the other ( same) golf course series are all marked 750ml and 43abv.
strange.
cheers! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|