| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Quaich1 Master Of Malts


Joined: 21 Apr 2012 Posts: 5749 Location: Ontario, Canada
|
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:21 pm Post subject: What to drink tonite for Diamond Jubilee? |
|
|
Here in Canada everyone is tuned to television to watch the flotilla and celebrations for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It got me thinking about what single malt scotches to have tonite for the occasion. How about you?
I might go for Highland Park 18 and Lagavulin 16. _________________ "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
 |
Creed Master Of Malts

Joined: 29 Aug 2010 Posts: 291
|
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Just poured a Laphroaig 10 which is Prince Charles tipple |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
McKay Master Of Malts

Joined: 23 Apr 2007 Posts: 776 Location: Scotland
|
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I would love to say Royal Lochnagar given its royal connection but i have never thought much of this really, a bit heavy handed with the E150a in this i have always thought |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alexppp Master Of Malts

Joined: 16 Jul 2010 Posts: 1791
|
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:54 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I actually spent it in a pub watching a jazz concert by a friend - I had what the pub had to offer, which was Jura 10 and Glenlivet 12. It had been a while since I had the Jura, and I must say this time it impressed me. (I didn't think much of it until today) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|