www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Laphroaig live online whisky tasting

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Laphroaig live online whisky tasting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Laphroaig live online whisky tasting Reply with quote

Hi

Friends of Laphroaig are having a live whisky tasting online on Wednesday 21st November at 20:00 (GMT). If you are interested simply visit their site and join Friends of Laphroaig for free. www.laphroaig.com/friends

Quote:

Dear William,

I am really excited to announce something of a first for Laphroaig; we are holding a live, global, online whisky tasting and debate! We hope you will join us in making this one of the biggest online whisky tastings in the world! Therefore, we would like to invite all of our Friends of Laphroaig to come online and take part in this unique event.

We will be holding the event on Wednesday 21st November at 20:00 (GMT). It will last around 40 minutes and will include a live question and answer session where you will be invited to put your questions to the panel. This will include Robert Hicks - master blender, Jim Murray - author of the famous "Whisky Bible' and of course myself.

The event will cover four highly distinctive Laphroaig expressions; 10 Year Old, 10 Year Old Cask strength, Quarter Cask and our new Oloroso expression the 27 Year Old. You will also have the opportunity to vote live for a fifth expression for the panel to taste.

Once you have registered (see below), you will be able to submit your questions for the event. I'm anticipating that we will get a lot of questions and forty minutes won't be enough to get through them all. We will therefore be asking you to vote on your favourite questions with the winning questions being answered on the night. Don't worry though - even if your question isn't picked you will still have the opportunity to submit your question live during the event itself.

To take part in this unique event go to the web address: www.laphroaig.com/live

Pass this email onto your friends
As you know we always ask our "friends' to help us spread the word about Laphroaig. This live tasting would be the perfect way to introduce all your friends to our unique single malt so please pass it on - unlike normal whisky tastings the web can accommodate everyone!

I look forward to "seeing' you on 21st!

Slainthe,

John Campbell
Distillery Manager

Should be a great event for Laphroaig drinkers.

William

islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Laphroaig live online whisky tasting Reply with quote

William wrote:
Hi
Friends of Laphroaig are having a live whisky tasting online on Wednesday 21st November at 20:00 (GMT). If you are interested simply visit their site and join Friends of Laphroaig for free. www.laphroaig.com/friends

Quote:

Dear William,

I am really excited to announce something of a first for Laphroaig; we are holding a live, global, online whisky tasting and debate! We hope you will join us in making this one of the biggest online whisky tastings in the world! Therefore, we would like to invite all of our Friends of Laphroaig to come online and take part in this unique event.
We will be holding the event on Wednesday 21st November at 20:00 (GMT). It will last around 40 minutes and will include a live question and answer session where you will be invited to put your questions to the panel. This will include Robert Hicks - master blender, Jim Murray - author of the famous "Whisky Bible' and of course myself.
The event will cover four highly distinctive Laphroaig expressions; 10 Year Old, 10 Year Old Cask strength, Quarter Cask and our new Oloroso expression the 27 Year Old. You will also have the opportunity to vote live for a fifth expression for the panel to taste.
Once you have registered (see below), you will be able to submit your questions for the event. I'm anticipating that we will get a lot of questions and forty minutes won't be enough to get through them all. We will therefore be asking you to vote on your favourite questions with the winning questions being answered on the night. Don't worry though - even if your question isn't picked you will still have the opportunity to submit your question live during the event itself.
To take part in this unique event go to the web address: www.laphroaig.com/live
Pass this email onto your friends
As you know we always ask our "friends' to help us spread the word about Laphroaig. This live tasting would be the perfect way to introduce all your friends to our unique single malt so please pass it on - unlike normal whisky tastings the web can accommodate everyone!
I look forward to "seeing' you on 21st! Slainthe,
John Campbell
Distillery Manager

Should be a great event for Laphroaig drinkers.
William

Hi William,
I'm still enjoyed with John Campbell whilst visiting the distillery in May this year. Evil or Very Mad
We were promised a vertical tasting with him in the new Friends of Laphroaig room and we had to stand for over an hour in one of the warehouses whilst tasting drams.
The other thing was that Laphroaig promised us a 25 year old special bottling (on the www) and we got a 19 yo which was not the best L we've tasted over the years.
His speech and talk about the drams was very impersonal and embarrassing for a lot of people I talked with afterwards. I hope that the "on-line' nosing will be better. Rolling Eyes
Slainte Rene
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rene

You have good reason to be annoyed, i would have been.

As you say hopefully the "online tasting" will be better

William
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
Hi Rene
You have good reason to be annoyed, i would have been.
As you say hopefully the "online tasting" will be better
William

And it happend again. . . . . a Italian friend of mine who was with us in June this year, went again last week where he had an invitation from John Campbell was left in the cold again. Although he phoned the previous day for a tour which was accepted and arranged, was told on arrival that the tour was fully booked. Embarassed
Claudio Riva from Northern Italy has been 11 time to Scotland in 3 years. He is passionate about Malts and should get the best treatment like any other person who's visiting Scotland. Surprised
Slainte Mhath, Rene
John

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It like me you missed the Laphroaig Live online tasting then you can watch it again at Laphroaigs site or at google:

http://www.laphroaig.com/live/watch.asp
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2317257998988577750&hl=en-GB

Looks like the tasiing/show is 49 minutes long and features Jim Murray, the distillery manager John Campbell and Laphroaig master blender Robert Hicks.

Well i am away to pour myself a couple of night caps of Laphroaig and watch the show.

Slainte John
Samson
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link John

I think i will do the same this evening and have a couple of Laphroaigs while watching it.

Samson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: