www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Ardbeg Provence Single Malt Bottled 1974 - limited edition

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ardbeg Provence Single Malt Bottled 1974 - limited edition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bevyh4525

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Ardbeg Provence Single Malt Bottled 1974 - limited edition Reply with quote

Looking to sell a bottle of Ardbeg Provence Single Malt Bottled 1974 - limited edition for my other half, it's got a bottle number and is in mint condition.
Does anyone have any advice on selling, or would anyone like to make us an offer for this bottle ?

Thanks and happy tasting.
Bev

Islay Pete
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bev

Would i be correct in assuming the bottle you have is Ardbeg Provenance 1974, not Provence? Do you have the rest of the details such as:

Do you have the box
What is the alcohol strength i.e. 55%
What is the bottle size i.e. 75cl
Do you have the certificate of authenticity which came with it
It was distilled 1974 but what year was it bottled.
What is the bottle number.
any other info which may be on the bottle would be helpful and a picture would be great.

Are you looking for offers here or are you just trying to get an rough idea of its value.

Pete
bevyh4525

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Ardbeg Provenance 1974 Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
Yes It's Ardbeg Provenance 1974 sorry my typo.
Do you have the box - yes wooden box with tartan cloth behind bottle
What is the alcohol strength - 55.0%
What is the bottle size i.e. 750ml
Do you have the certificate of authenticity which came with it - Yes it's pristine with wax seals
It was distilled 1974 but what year was it bottled.- 29th march 2000
What is the bottle number. - 5163

We are looking for advice and a buyer, we have a rough idea what they sell for at auction, as we have spoken to Macteers. But any offers/ advice that you may have or would like to make are most welcome.

this is such a lovely bottle of whiskey that we'd like it to be appreciated by someone who would like to keep/taste/treasure this fine bottle and it's contents.

thanks
Bev
Islay Pete
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bev

As i am sure you know the shop price varies by quite a bit for this bottle. You will find it available at online whisky shops at present for anything between £850 and £1000

Obviously in a private sale you will have no commission to pay as you would at McTears or eBay but Mctears and eBay it is probably a safer route to go as it offers both seller and buyer some protection, in a private sale there is a lot of trust involved so be careful if you choose this route but in can be more profitable.

eBay is always worth a try you have a worldwide audiernce on eBay so you could maybe fetch the best price on there. you can set a reserve price on eBay and you can link to any online shops which sell it to show buyers the price that it normally sells for and dont forget to give all the details of the bottle and highlight its rarity and collectability.

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whiskies For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: