www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Caperdonich 1965 14 year 80 proof Cadenhead dumpy bottle

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Caperdonich 1965 14 year 80 proof Cadenhead dumpy bottle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject: Caperdonich 1965 14 year 80 proof Cadenhead dumpy bottle Reply with quote

Re taste , last tasted 1st August 2020 as part of a Cadehnead dumpy H2H, but as I am trying Caperdonich at the moment I thought this was worth a re taste, but this time with a little water added.

Nose 92
This is old school, the sort of nose you do not encounter these days.
Slightly musty but in a good way, damp leaves, big barley note, white pepper, a little peat and it just keeps developing in the glass.
There is then green apple and green apple skin, a dry wood note and more spice maybe faint ginger?
Palate 92
Quite sweet at first and very spicy, a good mouthfeel that makes your tongue tingle.
Hints of pineapple, mango, green apple, the pepper that the nose hinted at.
More fruit comes in , yellow, white and green jelly bear sweets, plenty of zesty fruit with a little biscuit.
Finish 93
The finish is still fruity but the pepper spice takes over with the merest hint of peat, so fresh, it almost cleans your palate.

The notes here are a little different to 2020, some will be down to the addition of water , some will be the change in my palate.
What is the same is that I think this is a great whisky from long gone production methods in a style you cannot find in today's whisky.
I love it, so different, some of these old Cadenhead are top notch, this is one of them.
The average goes up by 1 point to 92.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: