www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 2010

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 2010 Reply with quote

Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 2010
April 29th - May 3rd 2010

Themed on Whisky, Food, Music and the Heritage & Culture of Speyside, the 2010 Festival will offer a wide array of quality events from April 29th - May 3rd 2010. You can book on line here as via http://www.spiritofspeyside.com/

For a list of the 2010 fetival events see here:
http://www.spiritofspeyside.com/events.php

As usual if you are travelling to the event dont leave it to late to book your accommodation.

William

William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added a piece to the Whisky News section on Dave Brooms recent visit to the Glenlivet distillery where he selected an exclusive range of whisky samples to showcase at the festival tasting, including award winning expressions of The Glenlivet as well as some cask strength samples which are rarely made available.

Dave Broom's Speyside Festival Glenlelvet Whisky Master Class will take place on Friday 30th April from 09.30 -11.30 and Saturday 1st May from 14.30 - 16.30. Tickets cost £20.00 and can be booked at www.spiritofspeyside.com

Other Glenlivet 2010 Speyside Festival events include:

The Sma' Still which will be run again, by popular demand, by Hamish Proctor, The Glenlivet Distillery Manager on Saturday 1st May around 13.00. Taste a dram of the new spirit as it flows from the still. Free of charge

Two walks along the Smugglers' Trails will set off from the Distillery with support from the Crown Estate Rangers. On Friday 30th April at 14.00 the 6km "George Smith Smugglers' Trail". On Saturday 1st May at 09.30 you can follow in the footsteps of Robbie MacPherson, Smugglers' Trail.

For more details ee here:
www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/davebroomglenlivet.htm

or visit www.spiritofspeyside.com

William
spirit_speyside

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival Reply with quote

Hi William,

Thanks for the posts on the Festival, much appreciated!

It promises to be a great festival with many events already sold out. We've however added a few more events in the last few days to the events page on our web site. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to receive the latest updates.

Maybe we'll see you there?

Rene
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Rene. Once again you have some excellent events lined up. Unfortunately i wasnt planning on coming up for this one myself due to other commitments Sad

Would i be right to assume that you are the same Rene as forum member "islayonspey"

Wiliam
spirit_speyside

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi William,

Sorry for late reply, just browsing the whisky forums and noticed your reply.

Yes, same Rene, not too many of them in Scotland Smile

That forum was recommended by a friend of mine who said it was excellent. Unfortunately I've not tuned in yet but very interested to see how it works. Not something we're planning for the festival as we don't have the resources for it but I'm every interested in it so will tune in at some point.

Don't worry I'm not intending to divert the attention form Islay to Speyside Wink

Speak soon I hope!

Rene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: