www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Glenfiddich Concorde Edition 1976

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Glenfiddich Concorde Edition 1976

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concordeedition

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Glenfiddich Concorde Edition 1976 Reply with quote

I am looking to sell my one bottle of Glenfiddich Concorde Edition 1976...Comes in its original commerative box etc...purchased directly from BA on a Concorde flight...One of only 198 bottles produced.

Andy M
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there has been a couple of different releases of this whisky. The reason i ask is an auction at McTears lists a bottle, item 120 on this page: http://www.mctears.co.uk/gs01w2.htm You will notice the bottle was "Bottle number 412 from a limited edition of less than 1000 bottles." The auction was in 2001 and the bottle went for £630 and that was 7 years ago. So this was obviously a different bottling than the one concordeedition has to offer.

I would guess it is pretty valuable but dont have anything to guage its value against except the one in Mctears 7 years ago. Anyone know what they go for? As i may be interested if it isnt to much.

Andy M
concordeedition

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The auction you mention was for Glenmorangie special edition...The bottle I am selling is Glenfiddich...Glenfiddich produced only 198 bottles of this special edition.

Thanks,

F
Andy M
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOP's Confused my mistake i i had done a search for just "concorde edition" in mctears site and didnt read it properly. I now think the bottle you have would definitely be out of my price range but i would be interested in what it does go for if you do find a buyer. I would think you would get a fair bit for it.

Anyway sorry for the mistake, good luck selling it.

Andy M
concordeedition

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem...I didn't know that there was another Concorde Edition...So a learning for me. As far as price...I was offered £650 quite some time ago and am waiting for a better offer.

All the best.

F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: