www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Glenlivet Events 2008 Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Glenlivet Events 2008 Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Glenlivet Events 2008 Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival Reply with quote

For those of you heading to the 2008 Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival here are a list of events taking place at The Glenlivet distillery:

The following activities are available to all visitors to The Glenlivet distillery:

The Speyside Whisky Festival will be bigger and better than ever, with some 200 events spread over five days (1-5 May). The Glenlivet activities include tours of the distillery, tasting masterclasses, working demonstrations of the sma' still, guided treks along two of the Smugglers' Trails, and Highland Games.

The following activities are available to Guardians of The Glenlivet Only:

On Friday, 2 May, at the award-winning Minmore House Hotel alongside the distillery, there is The Glenlivet Whisky Dinner - with a competition, exclusive to Guardians, to win two free seats at the table.

Guardians who visit The Glenlivet Distillery during the festival - and especially on Open Day - will receive a special welcome. There will be a free dram awaiting them in the sanctuary of the library upstairs, where they can relax and enjoy the company of fellow Guardians - though to ensure access it is essential that Guardians present their membership card at the main reception on arrival.

Once in the library, visitors can browse through the Guardians Register and add their own tasting notes, observations or messages for others to read.

They can also avail themselves of the new "Guardians Post Box"? by sitting at the historic desk of "The Captain"? (the legendary distillery owner Bill Smith Grant) and writing complimentary Glenlivet postcards to family or friends, which we shall stamp and post on their behalf.

To make it even more of a day to remember, Guardians will be given a miniature gift bottle of The Glenlivet 18 Year Old as a souvenir of their visit.

Guardians who call in at the library during Friday or Saturday morning will be entered into a draw to win two free places for The Glenlivet tasting masterclass on Saturday afternoon. The draw will take place on Saturday at midday.

If you are are not already a Guardian of The Glenlivet, then why not? Anyway dont worry it is not too late to join before the Speyside Whisky Festival. Simply visit http://www.theglenlivet.com/guardians/join.php it is free and will be worth while especially if you are planning a visit to The Glenlivet during the festival.

Remember to make a note of your membership number when you join as your membership card which The Glenivet posts out to you will not arrive in time for the festival. You will need your membership number to take advantage of the extra activities available to the Guardians of The Glenlivet.

Any questions let me know or i am sure The Glenlivet will be able to help you via their website.

William

William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some good advice blow posted by Rene on another thread, just thought i would add it on here. Only a couple of weeks to go before the festival now so i would recommend sorting accommodation out before you travel.

William

islayonspey wrote:

All Forum members,
If you haven't already booked accommodation in Dufftown and surounding towns, do it quicky cos B&B's and guesthouses are getting fully booked in Dufftown alone.
There are additional Nosings & Tastings arranged by Dufftown 2000 Ltd. and more info can be obtained by contacting Mike Lord (from the whisky shop) on enquiries@whiskyshopdufftown.co.uk Good luck and hope to see you there. Rene

Samson
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 days of whisky tasting sounds excellent. Just need to convince my wife we need to visit Scotland for a whisky tasting vacation.

Samson
Bill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson wrote:
5 days of whisky tasting sounds excellent. Just need to convince my wife we need to visit Scotland for a whisky tasting vacation.

Samson
It does sound like a fantastic event but i could buy a lot of whisky for the money it would cost me to fly their.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: