Glen Ord Whisky Scotch Single Malt - A to Z of Whiskies

Glen Ord Single Malt Scotch Whisky


Region:
Established:
Water Source:
Owner:

Distillery Status:
Open To Visitors:
Phone Number:
Northern Highlands
1838
Allt Fionnaidh
United Distillers & Vintners
Operational
Yes
+44 (0)1463 872004
Call for visiting hours
The Glen Ord distillery was founded in 1838 by the Mackenzies of Ord. At one time there was a dozen distilleries operating in this area of the Black Isle on the East coast of the Northern Highlands, from which Glen Ord is the only survivor. The Black Isle is noted for the cultivation of barley for malting. A new malting was built in 1968 to supply the 7 other distilleries of the group, amongst others Talisker on Isle of Skye. The maltings was then modernised in 1996.

Glen Ord whisky has been sold under several different names over the years including Glen Oran, Glen Ordie and Glen Ord. Only about 10% of the malt produced is sold as single malt, the remaining 90% is used in blends such as Johnnie Walker and Dewar's.
 

Glen Ord Tasting Notes


Glen Ord 12 Year Old Single Malt.
Colour: Amber-gold.
Nose: Fresh, malt hints and some sherry hints.
Taste: The taste confirms the nose. Complex, peppery and malty fragrances with sherry touches. A pleasure to drink.
Finish: Long, spicy, ginger and smoothly malted.

Similar Tasting Whisky Suggestions
 

Where To Buy Glen Ord Whisky Online


Select a country for a list Whisky shops near you:

Glen Ord Bottlings


Glen Ord offer you the following choice of single malts:
  • 12 Year Old Single Malt.
  • 25 Year Old Bottled 2004.
  • 28 Year Old Premium Release.
  • 30 Year Old Bottled 2005.
  • 16 Year Old Managers Dram Bottled 1991 Sherry Cask
  • 23 Year Old Distilled 1974 "Rare Malts Series".
  • Glenordie 12 Year Old 1980's Bottling.
  • Glen Ord 39 Year Old Distilled 1965 Bourbon Cask Bottled 2004.

Glen Ord Reviews


Have you tried Glen Ord? Why not add your own review and tasting notes to this page. ADD YOUR OWN REVIEW
 

Whisky Guide:


<<<Back to the A to Z Of Single Malt Whisky

Top Of Page

 
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 
 

2017 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.