Whisky Focus - Compass Box The Double Single Review

Compass Box The Double Single


11th May 2017
The third release of Compass Box The Double Single contains 72% Glen Elgin single malt and 28% Girvan single grain.

Compass Box The Double Single Review.Compass Box has unveiled the third release of it highly rated Scotch blended whisky The Double Single.

Compass Box Double Single is a blend of just two single whiskies, hence its name, just one single malt and one single grain. The idea is to highlight the true virtue of blending grain whisky with malt whisky to create a truly elegant style.

The two component whiskies in this third release are a single malt whisky from Glen Elgin Speyside distillery which was matured in re-charred ex-Bourbon hogsheads barrels and makes up 72% of the blend, the other 28% of the blend is a single grain whisky from the South Ayrshire coast Girvan distillery which has been matured in re-charred ex Bourbon barrels.

Compass Box say that the the blending of the two component whiskies in The Double Single allows the sweet caramel flavours of the grain whisky to complement the fruity and herbal flavours of the malt, giving the final blend a creamy vanilla character overlaying a delicate ethereal malt whisky character.

Bottled in March 2017 at 46% ABV, natural colouring and non chill-filtered The Double Single is a limited release of 5,218 bottles which will be available worldwide.

Double Single was launched in Europe this month and it will be rolled out in the US in June with a price tag of 150

You will find the Compass Box The Double Single as well as the current Compass Box whisky range available from specialist online whisky retailers such as Master of Malt
 

Where To Buy Whisky Online


Select a country for a list of specialist Whisky shops who delivers to you:

 

Whisky Focus



<<<Back to Whisky Focus for more Whisky News

Top Of Page

 
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 
 

2019 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.