www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Waitrose Offers - Page 4

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Waitrose Offers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bifter
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitram wrote:
Drank a bottle of Glenlivet 18 over Easter. When I bought this (two years back) it was on a great offer at £29 in Waitrose.

Looked into replacing it, but I was horrified to see it at over £60 in Asda and around £50 elsewhere so I gave it a miss.

Wandered into Waitroise today (to buy jelly of all things) and had a quick look at the whisky, as you do.

Glenlivet 18 reduced to clear £36.80. There were 4 bottles, there is one left if anyone is near Newton Mearns

On a tip from albo I went into Waitrose at lunchtime. There were a number of discounts on, presumably for the approach of Father's Day (16th June in case you were wondering). Among them was the Glenlivet 18 at £36.80 though it wasn't marked as reduced. I asked one of the assistants but he didn't think it was being discontinued so maybe just a labelling error? Or maybe he's the last to know! Anyway bagged myself a bottle. Some of the discounts on offer were:

Glenlivet 18 - £36.80
Glenlivet 12 - £25
Dalwhinnie 15 - £29
Glenfarclas 12 - £31
Glenrothes Select Reserve - £27.99
Old Pulteney 12 - £24.50
Tamdhu 10 - £28
Singleton of Dufftown 12 - £29
Laphroaig Quarter Cask - £28.50
Talisker 10 - £28
Highland Park 12 - £27
Ardbeg 10 - £36

Penderyn and Jura whiskies were also discounted but I took a snap on my phone camera and I can't make out the details. You almost never see Ardbeg discounted and the sheer range of discounts is impressive! I wish I could operate on an economy of scale but, alas, an economy of scope is the best I can do right now. Still happy with my swag though.

nitram
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You almost never see Ardbeg discounted

Indeed. SWMBO has her car in for the MOT just now. Depending on the damage I may be visiting Waistrose for a couple of Ardbeg 10
bifter
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitram wrote:
Quote:
You almost never see Ardbeg discounted

Indeed. SWMBO has her car in for the MOT just now. Depending on the damage I may be visiting Waistrose for a couple of Ardbeg 10

I'd get one myself but World of Whiskies are running a promotion for 1l of Ardbeg 10 at £41 and I had a pal going through the airport so I asked him to pick one up for me. Won't see it until the week after next but I know there's no danger of him opening it as he hates peat, strange man!

Father's Day, and Christmas of course, are definitely the prime times for discounts.
nitram
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been and picked up a couple of Ardbeg at that price. The Glenlivet 18 is still marked down as £36.80, reduced to clear in my local Waitrose. They had 4 or 5 bottles on the shelf. When I stocked up last visit there was one bottle left so I guess they must have had some in store. The range of whiskies they have is very impressive, but a lot of the discounts aren't as good as you'd get elsewhere because they are starting of at a higher price before the discount. Still the Glenlivet and Ardbeg are very good offers.
minesascotch
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenlivet 18 now £26.00 to clear, did as instructed and cleared the shelf, also HP 18 now £50.00 had them away as well, a good fathers day coming up for me.

Very Happy
Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minesascotch wrote:
Glenlivet 18 now £26.00 to clear, did as instructed and cleared the shelf, also HP 18 now £50.00 had them away as well, a good fathers day coming up for me.

Very Happy
Now that is a good price, i wish i had a Waitrose near me, very few of them in Scotland. I reckon in the near future we will be hard pushed to find the Glenlivet 18 under £60, enjoy your bargain.

nitram
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talisker Storm Single Malt Whisky Isle of Skye 70cl
£34.50 (was £40.50 )

Who has tried this? Is this worth ta shot at this price?
albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitram wrote:
£34.50 (was £40.50 )

I tried it at a recent whisky event and wasn't overly impressed if I'm honest. I like the 10yo but this one did noting for me. That said I had tried quite a number of whiskies before then so my critical ability was somewhat impaired. If pushed for an answer I'd say no. Try and get a dram at a bar somewhere first. Though the offer no doubt won't be on for long so that may be impractical.
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitram wrote:
£34.50 (was £40.50 )

If you scroll down this page: www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/taliskerstorm.htm you can read my thoughts on the Talsiker Storm.
Crane
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new Talisker Storm but when you can pick up the 10 year old cheaper i will always go for that for my Talisker hit.
bifter
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent discounts on Dalmore 15 (£44) and Bunnahabhain 12 (£30) just now:

http://www.waitrosedirect.com/product/the-dalmore-15yo-whisky-malt/623808
http://www.waitrosedirect.com/product/bunnahabhain-12yo-single-malt-whisk/648948
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bifter wrote:

http://www.waitrosedirect.com/product/bunnahabhain-12yo-single-malt-whisk/648948
Waitrose do some great offers but you have to order 12 bottles, they used to have a whisky gift section where you could order 1 or 2 bottles but they seem to have done away with the whisky gift section. Waitrose is fine if you or the Mrs are also wine drinkers.

Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
bifter wrote:

Waitrose do some great offers but you have to order 12 bottles, they used to have a whisky gift section where you could order 1 or 2 bottles but they seem to have done away with the whisky gift section. Waitrose is fine if you or the Mrs are also wine drinkers.
Yes it is annoying that you cant order single bottles from Waitrose as they do sometimes have some good whisky offers.
nitram
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastair wrote:
William wrote:
bifter wrote:

Yes it is annoying that you cant order single bottles from Waitrose as they do sometimes have some good whisky offers.

If you are within delivery area of a store you can order a 'grocery' shop with free delivery on orders over £100. There are often discounts to be found on your first order too boot. No good if you are not in a delivery area I know.
bifter
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitram wrote:
Alastair wrote:
William wrote:
bifter wrote:

If you are within delivery area of a store you can order a 'grocery' shop with free delivery on orders over £100. There are often discounts to be found on your first order too boot. No good if you are not in a delivery area I know.

I've also found it to be the case that the discounts are mirrored in-store, which is handy if you have one locally - of course in Scotland they are few and far between.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: