www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Speyside road trip

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Speyside road trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Speyside road trip Reply with quote

Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted here. I'm just back from a road trip from England to Speyside, visited a lot of distilleries on the way. Detailed visits to Deanston, Aberlour, Knockdhu and Aberfeldy, quicker ones to Glenallachie, Strathisla, Glen Moray, Benriach, Glen Grant and lots of others. I've done write-ups on all my visits on my blog, have a look if you're curious or are planning Speyside trips too (the top few posts on the page are all about the distillery visits):

www.dailydram.co.uk

Duncan Disorderly
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might just pour myself something tasty and have a read. My family and I fell in love with Speyside and can’t wait to get back. Sadly many of the distilleries were closed due to the pandemic, but we managed to get to Glen Grant, Aberlour, Strathisla and Dalwhinnie. It’s the best way to try and buy whisky. Thanks
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of them are weirdly expensive, but yes, there always are interesting options. Glen Moray for example always seem to have fantastic value bottle your own casks. This time round Aberfeldy had a 2002 first fill Bourbon cask for £120, which is decent for a hand-fill single cask of that age (especially compared to Glenfiddich or the Diageo distilleries). Also great selection of exclusives at Strathisla as well.
Timp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interesting write up Alex and always really handy to have an up to date appraisal of the distillery exclusive options available.

Nice blog too. Cheers.
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Timp, the road trip was something I'd wanted to do for a long time. What's funny is there are so many distilleries there that I could plan the exact same trip and visit completely different distilleries next time. For example - I recently found out Glenlivet have a (no age statement) hand-fill for only £40!

Cheers for the kind words about the blog - please stick around while I catch up with my whisky reviews!
davidbe
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexppp wrote:
Thanks Timp, the road trip was something I'd wanted to do for a long time. What's funny is there are so many distilleries there that I could plan the exact same trip and visit completely different distilleries next time. For example - I recently found out Glenlivet have a (no age statement) hand-fill for only £40!

Cheers for the kind words about the blog - please stick around while I catch up with my whisky reviews!

I purchased a hand filled 12 year for about £50 I think when i was there in march. They had a 15 too but that was a bit too much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: