www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Loch Lomond The Open’s 150th Championship Whiskies

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Loch Lomond The Open’s 150th Championship Whiskies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Loch Lomond The Open’s 150th Championship Whiskies Reply with quote

Loch Lomond distillery has released two new single malts to mark The Open’s 150th Championship 2022 - Loch Lomond The Open Course Edition 2022 22 Year Old matured in American Oak casks then finished in Haut-Médoc Claret Barriques and Loch Lomond The Open Special Edition 2022 matured in American Oak casks then finished in Bordeaux Red Wine Barriques.

More here:

https://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/lochlomondtheopen150th.htm

Duncan Disorderly
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or do these commemorative whiskies feel a bit of a gimmick? I love whisky and I love golf, but I can’t say I’m all that tempted by ‘souvenir whisky’. I’ve never tried Loch Lomond whisky tbf, so maybe I’m missing a trick?
Calder
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisky and golf has long been connected and golf fans will lap up these bottlings. I have had a few of these Open Championship bottlings in the past in fact the Loch Lomond 12 year old Open Championship 2020 bottling was very good i bought 3 bottles.

Not sure I would pay £225 for the 2022 22 year old when i know i can have 2 bottles of the core range 18 year old plus change for that and i know the Loch Lomond 18 is a great dram for its price.
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of the Loch Lomond Open releases have been good in the past and I know a few golfers who always have a hip flask in their golf bag, including me.
lowlander
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calder wrote:
Whisky and golf has long been connected and golf fans will lap up these bottlings. I have had a few of these Open Championship bottlings in the past in fact the Loch Lomond 12 year old Open Championship 2020 bottling was very good i bought 3 bottles.

Not sure I would pay £225 for the 2022 22 year old when i know i can have 2 bottles of the core range 18 year old plus change for that and i know the Loch Lomond 18 is a great dram for its price.

I'm sure they'll be no shortage of rich golf tourists in St Andrews who'll hoover them up as a wee memento of their trip to Scotland. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: