www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whisky Birmingham 2022

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whisky Birmingham 2022

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigShing
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Whisky Birmingham 2022 Reply with quote

Is there much interest in the Whisky Birmingham festival from members/visitors here this year? I missed out on tickets when they were originally up because of personal circumstances, plus COVID concerns, but seeing as I currently have COVID and will be fully immune (triple vaccination + COVID itself for the immunity Charlie Shee tiger blood), I signed up for the waitlist expecting to get a ticket nearer the event as the inevitable covid issues cause people to cancel, but I got a ticket within a few hours!

Anyway, I'll be at the festival and will be happy to give advice to any relative newbies here on how to focus their time at the festival, either in this thread or on the day!

Whisky Chaser
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I still have covid concerns about events like this and i havent considered going to any, I may be overly cautious, time will tell and i am happy dramming at home for now.
Bookie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent considered whisky events yet due to covid concerns for such close contact events.
BigShing
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think had I not caught the covid I wouldn't have bothered and still wouldn't for the time being, but on the other hand I've had a lot of unintended contact with infected people and even spent much of the crazy pandemic wave over christmas in resturants and bars in London just hanging out (not doing anything particularly crazy tbf) and I never once caught the coov, then got it back home in fairly mundane and non-social setting. Go figure! :D

I think at some point we all have to ask ourselves what social events we're willing to forgo because of the virus, coz it ain't going anywhere and that risk, sadly, will always be there. Hopefully it will be less of a risk during warmer periods of the year, but unfortunately when it comes to Birmingham there never seems to be any whisky festivals going on during the warmer summer months. September Midlands Whisky Festival being the best bet there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: