www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Highland Park 80's bottle identification

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Highland Park 80's bottle identification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggirvan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Highland Park 80's bottle identification Reply with quote

Hello, I was directed here by Highland Park as they were unable to answer my query due to bottles being before their tracing system and not being in their archive as before sale of distillery.

I’m hoping someone can help identify some old bottles of Highland Park that I was left by my father. He had these in the attic for many many years and although I have found some information out, I am struggling to find what a couple of the bottles are ABV as there is no mark. Also, what appears to be a limited release in Italy but how many of these it actually was.
Please see accompanying photos of bottles which I would appreciate some information on.

I have 3 miniatures of Highland Park 12 year old, 1 is marked 70 proof, 1 marked 40% vol but the other is blank and also has gold lettering for ‘HIGHLAND PARK’ & ‘YEARS OLD whereas the others are in red lettering’.

A 75cl bottle in a cardboard box is also unmarked for ABV on bottle or box but a similar one is marked 70 proof on both bottle and box.

A boxed set Highland Park 12 years old 1980 Collection for the world presentation of the new bottle appears to indicate 12 bottles per set and 100 sets for the collection but the range of numbering and AA to RR doesn’t appear to equate to that. Any enlightenment if this is a limited set of how many? Translation below.

Many thanks in advance for any information I can be supplied with.
George

Italian English translation of document in 80's collection box.

Of this collection are composed
100 series of 12 bottles,
in celebration of the world presentation
of the new decanter bottle.

The series is composed of 12 bottles
numbered from 1 to 12,
the abbreviations have been assigned:
A A to R R

Series DA No 8

lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i think your big bottle of 12 year is from around 1979-1981.

The miniatures the 70 proof around 1979-1980, the 40% bottle is a 1980's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: