www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whiskey Investing

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whiskey Investing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiskeyWealth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Whiskey Investing Reply with quote

Hi All. I'm Adam, a new member! Very Happy

I'm a newbie whiskey investor and whiskey hoarder

I'm looking to jump into whiskey investments and have done some research on a few businesses but was wondering if anyone has any 1st hand experience they could share?

Keen to hear any stories, good or bad.

WhiskeyWealth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Hmmm? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Forbes
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Bookie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam most of the forum members are here primarily because they enjoy drinking whisky some may make a few pounds here and there like I do. In my case this comes from bottles I have bought which I intended to drink in the future but they have increased in value so much while sitting in my cupboard I sold them to enable me to buy other bottles I want to taste but at no cost.

There will always be limited releases from iconic whisky brands such as Ardbeg, Macallan, Balvenie etc. which will always be sought after and make a good investment, there is no guaranteed good investments, good reviews of the whisky certainly boost a limited edition whisky’s value, keeping your ear to the ground and watching for new releases and opinions on forums like this is a good idea, this site has lead me to a few whiskies i may have otherwise overlooked.

I don’t know if you are looking to invest in new releases to tuck away as an investment but my advice is only buy something you would drink yourself as if it doesn’t go up in value you can still have the pleasure of drinking it.

Very few whiskies will give you big overnight profits, be prepared to tuck your investment away for years, even then the profits may not be huge, but sometimes they are.

Investing in the high end whisky is a different game, bigger risk but can be bigger profits.

Currently with Covid and Brexit, I think that I would be keeping any investments tucked away for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: