www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Glenlochy 1969 25 year 62.08% Rare Malts OB

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Glenlochy 1969 25 year 62.08% Rare Malts OB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Glenlochy 1969 25 year 62.08% Rare Malts OB Reply with quote

I left a lid on my glass for 5 minutes and when I took the lid off to nose it, the end of my nose nearly blew off, it is that powerful and then I remembered that the other 1969 RM 25 year 62.2% I had a bottle of was very similar, powerful, peaty and peppery, the only other experience like is is a 1972 cask strength Brora or old Glen Garioch.
There is also masses of punchy fruit, fresh pineapple, hint of green apple and a little apricot.

The palate is creamy at first and then the end of your tongue and the sides of your throat are skinned by the alcoholic power on show, I am actually salivating here.
There is a touch of bitterness and something a little different to the other 69 RM ,because there is a metallic note, not a bad one but it is there, oh hang on I know what has happened one of my fillings has melted , lordy.
This finish, is massive and endless and my tongue has just collapsed, the sweet fruit gum note also increases.

Ok with water down to about 48-50%

The nose is softer than when neat but surprisingly it has changed little?
The palate is creamier at first with the really juicy white fruits again but then the peat arrives and the balance is great so enough water but not to much.
There is definately some white pepper in the mix and the finish is not so long and less brutal with water.

I actually preferred this neat, this is wild animal, it almost spits at you, in all the years I have been drinking whisky, this was one of the best for sheer power , this is an experience, even compared to the best Brora, Glen Garioch, Ardbeg etc,

Nose 93
Taste 95
Finish 94

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: