www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whyte & Mackay Whisky Ebay Auction For Haiti

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whyte & Mackay Whisky Ebay Auction For Haiti

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Whyte & Mackay Whisky Ebay Auction For Haiti Reply with quote

I just received a newsletter from Whyte & Mackays Richard Paterson aka The Master Blender. It announces that Whyte & Mackay have teamed up with Oxfam to offer a couple of auctions that you can access via ebay to raise funds for Haiti.

The first is for a full week's stay on the Jura Lodge on the isle of Jura, where up to eight people can stay for a week, enjoying the scenery and sounds of the beautiful island. They will also receive gift bottles of whisky and a tour of the distillery, learning more about the various Jura expressions including Superstition and Prophecy.

On top of the stay, Whyte & Mackay whisky will provide the transport (or the costs of) for the eight people to get to Jura.

Click this link for the auction for the Jura Lodge

The second is for a chance to win Richard Paterson - not for keeping - but for him to come to an event you are putting on - or your home - and put on a whisky presentation, letting you try various expressions, learn more about whisky and generally have a good time. Again, there will be no cost to you. Whyte & Mackay will pick up all the travel and associated costs for me. Your only cost is the auction.

Click this link for the auction for the master blender tasting session

Both of these are available to anyone who stays in the UK. That doesn't stop people from outwith the UK bidding, it just means that in the case of the Jura auction, you have to get to the UK before we transport you to Jura and in the second auction that you have to have a UK venue or location we can meet at.

Let's hope we can raise a lot of funds here for something which has devastated a lot of lives. As you would expect we'll be using our social media connections - my twitter feed, Jura's twitter feed, the Whyte & Mackay twitter feed, the Jura Pictures page, The Diurachs Facebook page and other sites - to promote this.

The auctions will be running for 10 days. Please spread details of these far and wide so we can raise as much as possible.

Bookie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to Whyte & Mackay, i hope they raise plenty through this although out of my price range.

Bookie
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another useful link if you wish to make a donation of any amont to the Haiti earthquake appeal.

www.dec.org.uk

William
Crane
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard has sent out another newsletter today saying the winner of the Jura Lodge auction will also get a personal distilling Master Class on Jura with Jura Master Distiller Willie Tait, complete with tastings.
craig-mcgill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Haiti Reply with quote

William, thanks for posting this here, much appreciated by all at W&M.
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Craig - Hopefully my posting will have attracted some bids. I plan on sending out a special newsletter highlighting the auction. Hopefully i will find time this evening or tomorrow to get the newsletter done.

William

Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Jura lodge auction raised £5200 and Richard Paterson auction raised £594

Well done W & M and Richard Paterson

Mark
JAB
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea well done to W & M for raising some crutial funds for a good cause.
also some 1 got a bit of a bargin the rrp is £7000
Charlie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised it didnt raise at least its £7000 value considering what the cause was, anyway a big well done to W & M and The Nose.

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: