www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Tormore 10 year 43% Pure Speyside Malt OB 1990's

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tormore 10 year 43% Pure Speyside Malt OB 1990's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Tormore 10 year 43% Pure Speyside Malt OB 1990's Reply with quote

The nose is a little grassy mixed with a little green apple and lime juice followed by lemon zest, this is atypical of the generic Speyside style.
The palate is light, zesty and fruity at first followed by a little white pepper spice and as you go on there is a pastry note mixed with double cream.
The fruit keeps growing in the glass, mango. lime, lemon, hints of peach juice but what you really notice is the balance, nothing out of sync.
After adding 5 very small drops of water, the dry grass/hay note has increased and has pushed the fruit notes out as the dominant factor.
The palate has got even fruitier, with the finish actually shorter than when neat but still no off notes.
I have had 1970's Tormore that were nice but I cannot remember them being this good?
I think I need to look out for this 1990's bottle at auction.
This has really surprised me, I was expecting something run of the mill but this is far from that this is worth 89- 90 points easily in my book, I want a bottle, this really suits my palate.

nose-88
palate-91
finish-90

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: