www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Isle of Barra Whisky Distillery

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Isle of Barra Whisky Distillery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whiskymad555

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Isle of Barra Whisky Distillery Reply with quote

I am looking to find anyone that invested money into the cask share issued back in thr early 2000's relating to the proposed Whisky Distillery that was never built on Barra. Some 50 caskes were sold and we're looking into what happened to the people that parted with their money and had nothing in return.

Any information would be appreciated.

https://uisgebeathananeilean.co.uk/news.html

Whiskymad555

DanO
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you ask? Did you buy a cask? I didn't invest myself but going by their twitter page https://twitter.com/barradistillery the project is still active.
Whiskymad555

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did yes and although I've tried numerous times over the years, i can't seem to get a straight answer from the company. They never respond on any direct communication. I also believe this is their 5th attempt at getting the distillery of the ground, although going by their social network channels, they give off a different impression.

I just wanted to reach out to see if others had been affected.

Whiskymad555
DanO
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can make out no distillery has ever been built, it seems they have only erected a wind turbine at the planned site. I hope you didn't invest a lot as it does not look like you will get anything back anytime soon.
Whiskymad555

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad you mentioned the Wind Turbines, apparently they owe the company that installed the wind turbines nearly 300k and have never paid. This is what I've been informed off. Let's hope that it isn't true. I took a trip to the Isle of Barra a year ago to try and get to the bottom of the story and while the Island is beautiful, the locals have nothing pleasant to say about the proposed project manager, Peter Brown, several locals expressed their opinion that the distillery will never happen and I'd be lucky to ever see a penny back.

Hopefully i can just get what i paid and draw a sorrowful line underneath alk if this.

Whiskymad555
Peter Brown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Whisky Mad

We have been in regular touch with all our cask holders. If you have not been receiving our emails please send your new email address to us. And if you are a cask holder who wishes a refund we would be delighted to refund you by return.

If you have any further questions please give me a call - the phone number is on the website, along with the email address.

Slàinte
Peter Brown

Jimny14
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's spot of luck. Looks like that is all sorted if anyone wants a refund.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: