www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Late 1940's Dewar's White Label spring cap

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Late 1940's Dewar's White Label spring cap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Late 1940's Dewar's White Label spring cap Reply with quote

1940's Dewar's White Label Spring cap, liquid colour is quite dark, plenty of sherry influence in this one. No size or ABV listed

Nose
Classic old blend I suppose, massive OBE, fruit cake, fig, date, treacle tart, a little worn leather, faint hints or dark orange marmalade, keeps developing in the glass, also cold coffee.

Taste
I do not know what to make of this, I thought it was a bit thin and watery at first but then an avalanche of old world flavours and possibly I can taste some of the tin cap?
There is a load of tobacco & smoke on the palate and that is something you never get these days
Spice a little ginger and loads of fruit that has been stewed to death over a number of days, I am really struggling to identify the fruit bit I am tempted to say damson and un ripe plum?
This is mouth filling and there is also some wood in the mix

Finish
Decent length remaining a little smoky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: