www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - HELP me find my favorite please!!

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
HELP me find my favorite please!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nm355@yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: HELP me find my favorite please!! Reply with quote

HELP!!! i am no whisky expert and not a great fan of so called good whisky but i do like what i like even if i can't remember the name of it, this leads me to my next problem lol for the last 3 yrs i have been buying a cheap whisky from morrisons and sainsbury etc which i really really liked but it now seems discontinued and i can't find it anywhere, this i find very upsetting as i prefer it to all the "good stuff" it was very cheap but smooth and a bit smokey but for the life of me i cant remember the flippin name of it!!!!!!! Can anyone help me please ??????

Charlie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume because you could buy it in Sainsburys and Morrisons it was not a supermarket own label whisky therefore it must be a brand name whisky and i doubt that it would be dicontinued more likely just the supermarket has stopped putting it on their shelves.

I assume it was a blended whisky as you posted in the blended whisky section of the forum. How much did you usually pay for it. Without anymore info i would take a guess that it was "Black Bottle".

Charlie
Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it isnt Black Bottle as Charlie suggests you certainly wont go wrong trying Black Bottle as an alternative and you can usually pick it up in the supermarkets for around £10 - £12 when it is on offer. It is one of the best smooth lightly smoky blends you can get in this price range.

Keith
nm355@yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

it was not a own brand and it wasn't black bottle, although i will give that a try! it may have been a xmas promotion that stayed on the shelves for a while until it sold out, i wish i could find it Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Blended Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: