www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whyte and Mackay 50 Year Old - Page 2

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whyte and Mackay 50 Year Old
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whyte & Mackay 50yo
1,500 bottles
44.6% ABV

Nose: Oh so rich, dark, and enticing. Morello cherries, molasses, liquorice, star anise, coffee grounds, Chesterfield Wingbacks, antique furniture, mulchy forest floor, damp shrubbery, pine cones, glazed walnuts, cinnamon stick, dark chocolate, prune juice, sticky dates… I could go on…

Palate: Starts a little drier, with dry leather, tea chest, struck match, and copper coins. Then the sweetness comes through, with dark treacle, blackcurrants, brambles, more morello cherries, cola cubes, dunnage warehouse, and vintage sweet vermouth. Massive and concentrated.

Finish: Lingering baking spices, dried fruit mix, and thick, chewy oak.

Overall: A monster of a whisky – those sherry casks really take control and deliver one helluva punch. The nose is fantastic, full of rich fruits and earthy spices. The palate errs on the sulphury side of things at the start, what with those copper coins and struck match notes, but then those dark fruits come back with a vengeance to redeem things along with firm oak and baking spices. For those who love heavily sherried whisky, this is right up your street, and for the price of a bottle of entry level Whyte & Mackay, it could be yours.

Stefanpez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: I have a bottle of the whyte & mackay 50yo Reply with quote

I have one of these bottles, I cant drink such an expensive bottle of 50yo whisky so I am willing to sell. Ideally to a collector so I know it's going to a good home. If anyone is interested please contact me :D

Thanks
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: I have a bottle of the whyte & mackay 50yo Reply with quote

Stefanpez wrote:
I have one of these bottles, I cant drink such an expensive bottle of 50yo whisky so I am willing to sell. Ideally to a collector so I know it's going to a good home. If anyone is interested please contact me :D

Thanks

How is it expensive you won it in a raffle and it cost you £14 ish, which is the price of the bottle you purchased to get into the raffle.
You should open it because it was dirt cheap and it looks like it is a nice whisky.
It was not expensive for you in any shape or form.
Stefanpez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a bottle of the whyte & mackay 50yo Reply with quote

lincoln imp wrote:
Stefanpez wrote:

Thanks

How is it expensive you won it in a raffle and it cost you £14 ish, which is the price of the bottle you purchased to get into the raffle.
You should open it because it was dirt cheap and it looks like it is a nice whisky.

Yes I won it but its still a rare bottle ... and with only 1750 of them made I think those who are truly a whisky enthusiast deserves this bottle ... not fair especially when you cany buy it ! .. so for me that's why I am selling it to give those a who didnt win a chance to try it 👌😁
Stefanpez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a bottle of the whyte & mackay 50yo Reply with quote

lincoln imp wrote:
Stefanpez wrote:

Thanks

Yes I won it but its still a rare bottle ... and with only 1750 of them made I think those who are truly a whisky enthusiast deserves this bottle ... not fair especially when you cany buy it ! .. so for me that's why I am selling it to give those a who didnt win a chance to try it 👌😁
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a bottle of the whyte & mackay 50yo Reply with quote

Stefanpez wrote:

Thanks

It was not expensive you got it free, so what is the issue here, that bottle cost you £14 for the price of the entry bottle or thereabouts, get it open man.

Last edited by lincoln imp on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a bottle of the whyte & mackay 50yo Reply with quote

Stefanpez wrote:
lincoln imp wrote:
Stefanpez wrote:

Thanks

It's a good job there are people like you about who are willing to help the less fortunate whisky lovers, god bless you for your generosity sir, I doff my cap to you. Very Happy

So how much do you want for it?
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for selling if that's what you'd like to do.
TheWM
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to sell it for £1.5k as apparently they are going for £1200 on auction Rolling Eyes Laughing
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWM wrote:
He wants to sell it for £1.5k as apparently they are going for £1200 on auction Rolling Eyes Laughing

Two were sold at Whisky.Auction for £625 a week ago, I think they could drop further.
As a lover of aged blends that is still far too expensive , especially if you consider it is only a 50cl bottle?
dcirulis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject: 50 yr old whyte and mackay Reply with quote

YES I have won a bottle being delivered by DHL tomorrow anyone interested in purchasing this for their collection... Dubbed as money cant buy and they say worth £5000.... open to offers!
GregBurnett
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: 50 yr old whyte and mackay Reply with quote

dcirulis wrote:
YES I have won a bottle being delivered by DHL tomorrow anyone interested in purchasing this for their collection... Dubbed as money cant buy and they say worth £5000.... open to offers!

£28. That's 100% profit!!!

lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 yr old whyte and mackay Reply with quote

dcirulis wrote:

I was not sure if this post was a mickey take at first but if it is not then, you are quite right money could not buy it as it was free in a raffle.

As worth £5000, if you think that you need to see a doctor quickly as you are obviously very ill suffering with episodes of delusion. Rolling Eyes

But on a serious note I think it is really sad that most people who entered this raffle by the looks of it only had one thought and that was to sell it on, such a shame.

It is the way the whole whisky scene is going at the moment.
dcirulis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 yr old whyte and mackay Reply with quote

GregBurnett wrote:
dcirulis wrote:

£28. That's 100% profit!!!

lol Not a chance in hell mate and just because it was won does not make it worthless. Old and Rare whisky are currently selling these at £2500 with 11 left in stock. I shall hang on to it a few years I think!
dcirulis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWM wrote:
Old and rare whisky online price is £2500-00!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Blended Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: