www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Macallan Easter Elchies Black, 2019 Release - Page 2

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Macallan Easter Elchies Black, 2019 Release
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeymonkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Macallan Easter Elchies Black, 2019 Release Reply with quote

Spoke to Macallan this morning. They wouldn't disclose the number of bottles released but i'm assuming to keep with the exclusivity of the brand the release will be similar to last years release of around 2000 bottles. The bottles are NOT numbered either. For me i want a Macallan in my collection and this is a decent entry level whisky that will at least hold its value. Best of luck to all those that were successful in the ballot!

davidbe
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Macallan Easter Elchies Black, 2019 Release Reply with quote

whiskeymonkey wrote:
Spoke to Macallan this morning. They wouldn't disclose the number of bottles released but i'm assuming to keep with the exclusivity of the brand the release will be similar to last years release of around 2000 bottles. The bottles are NOT numbered either.

They've got you by the short and curlies with that assumption Laughing
DylanInYork
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Macallan Easter Elchies Black, 2019 Release Reply with quote

whiskeymonkey wrote:
Spoke to Macallan this morning. They wouldn't disclose the number of bottles released but i'm assuming to keep with the exclusivity of the brand the release will be similar to last years release of around 2000 bottles. The bottles are NOT numbered either. For me i want a Macallan in my collection and this is a decent entry level whisky that will at least hold its value. Best of luck to all those that were successful in the ballot!

Sorry mate if you think £750 is the price for a decent entry level whisky I would love to see how much you pay for premium whisky...n Rolling Eyes

As for 2000 bottles for a 2018 Macallan and they are still for sale in the shops almost a year later?? Na there is way more bottles then at out there and they are all way over priced for a NAS/No Info bottling sorry.

But that is a good promo to try and get people to sign up for the ballot which by the way I have been told is way undersubscribed.... Laughing
whiskeymonkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i said, I'm in this for the long haul. Only time will tell. But last years is making about £800 at auction so you won't lose money.
DylanInYork
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiskeymonkey wrote:
As i said, I'm in this for the long haul. Only time will tell. But last years is making about £800 at auction so you won't lose money.

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry I may of misunderstood? I did not take from what you said was saying that "You was in it for the long hall" what I was taking from it that spending £750 on a "decent entry level whisky" was a good thing. Then saying Best of luck to all those that were successful in the ballot!" I feel is being suggestive.

3 things from what you said.
1st, Is that you think that the Easter Elchies is an entry level whisky!...
2nd, You are talking about the number of bottles like you have some insider incite from the inside of Macallan. Wink
3rd, Spending £750 on a new NAS/No Info is a good thing for whisky flippers, 99% of the people on this forum I believe are here to share the passion of whisky and to drink whisky not to flip them...

Dirtmadlemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they won't disclose the number of bottles in the batch it's not for the buyers benefit. Limited edition is a broad term, could mean 100 bottles could mean 50000 bottles. If they're not telling you it's safe to assume it's a large run. If you have bought a bottle it might be worth considering returning it, before the 14 day window lapses.
torcross
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear,

As low as £580 on Scotch Whisky Auctions a cool £170 loss, that £170 could have got you the excellent Whisky Exchange Black Friday 2019 (Glenugie 21 year old) plus a bottle of the Caol Ila whisky show bottling.
lowlander
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torcross wrote:
Oh dear,

As low as £580 on Scotch Whisky Auctions a cool £170 loss, that £170 could have got you the excellent Whisky Exchange Black Friday 2019 (Glenugie 21 year old) plus a bottle of the Caol Ila whisky show bottling.

I don't think they'll be much sympathy for the flippers on this forum Laughing but gosh what a loss!
the_skottydog
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowlander wrote:
torcross wrote:
Oh dear,

I don't think they'll be much sympathy for the flippers on this forum Laughing but gosh what a loss!

That doesn't even include the sellers premium or the cost of sending the bottle in, so the real loss could be closer to £200. I've never sold with SWA before though.
Jason Bryan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbe wrote:
Perhaps someone at Macallan has finally asked why they need to bother supplying details about casks and peat content when nobody is opening them anyway...

So very true in many cases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: