www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Dalwhinnie

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dalwhinnie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Dalwhinnie Reply with quote

2019 winter promotion:
£12 tour with 2 tastings has been reduced to FREE, estimated 45 minutes.
£24 tour with 6 tastings now £12, 45-60 minutes.

Drivers packs available

They are starting a bottle your own this month and will be available on the 6 tastings tour.

Also mentioned was booking the 6 tasting tour you get a £5 voucher off a 70cl purchase.

Friendly, helpful staff and I'll be getting around to this at some point this winter.

Last edited by Dave h on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whisky & chocolate pairing tour normally £24, on promotion at £12 through winter 2019.
Took the time to do this one, a good tour guide, good tempo and enjoyable with good humour. Was able to taste the new make in one of the warehouses as said Id like to try, not part of the tour as such The tour finished with the mandatory tasting of 15 year old and Winters Gold paired with lovely hand crafted chocolate. (This would end the £12 tour, winter promo = free tour) must have taken about 50-60 minutes.

My tour didn't end there as got 4 further drams in a nice sitting area in a private booth to enjoy at your own leisurely pace with other people who had 'upgraded' similar to me. The drams were Distillers Edition, Lizzie's Dram, newly available Fill Your Own 10 year old 55%abv and unavailable to buy Single Cask 58.6%abv all paired with hand crafted chocolates. Id guess the drams are 25ml each.

As I was driving I got a Drivers Pack with the good stuff in little labelled glass bottles & paired chocolates. I had managed to get a try of Lizzie's Dram and the Fill Your Own from the bar for free.

Every tour ticket will get you a tasting glass and £5 off any 70cl bottle in the shop, including Flora and Fauna and the latest 2019 Diageo Special Releases or Game of Thrones and the core range.

Weather was perfect, blue skies, snow capped hills, crisp and cold about 4°C. Advisable to book on tours, as they run every hour on the hour and my 2pm slot was full. They're is very little around to kill an hour if you are to wait on the next tour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: