www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whisky Bible 2020 Top 3 Whiskies are all bourbons-no malts

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whisky Bible 2020 Top 3 Whiskies are all bourbons-no malts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Whisky Bible 2020 Top 3 Whiskies are all bourbons-no malts Reply with quote

See my thread about this on the News section of the Forum.

William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to see the list of Whisky Bible 2020 winners you will find it here:

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/whiskybible2020.htm
TheMaster
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised. Again.

The regulations around straight bourbon are even stricter than Scotch, and the market there is better able to handle demand changes than with Scotch as the aging levels are lower; demand swings high and it's only a matter of a few years before you can replace you stock, unlike Scotch where your looking at 12 years for even what used to be entry level. Bourbon has generally always been about the NAS, because it doesn't matter, but Scorch has been slipping in quality for a long time now with some of the stuff that's been out put.

Interestingly, I had some 1792 years back, it was called ridgemont Reseve back then, and it was outstanding. One of my favourite bourbons a long with Blantons Gold. Not had the full proof though and looking at this I probably never will as it'll have sold out!

One thing people always forget is that this stuff is small batch. So what Jim had is very unlikely to be the same as what anyone else gets, it may be very good but it won't be the world best whisky.
deadz101
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zzzz, glen grant 18 as best Scottish whisky for the fourth year on, aye right! I’m sure there’s nothing else better out there. Reeks of laziness if you ask me. Those BTAC as well, pretty much a no brainer for picking them. The Edradour was about the only thing that caught my eye. I’ll take a Malt Review over this currently.
prestonclub

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure all serious malt lovers would not consider reading this so-called whisky bible.
We obviously know that this book is only made for business purposes and reflects only the willingness of the huge companies to dictate the market.

Guess the common people can be fooled but not a connoisseur.
eelbrook
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone who buys the Bible is not a "serious malt lover"? That's perhaps a little insulting to those members of this forum who get the book.

And how precisely do huge companies dictate the market via the Bible? And what would be their rationale for doing so, as the top three whiskies sell out anyway (because they are beloved by bourbon and rye drinkers).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: