www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Aberfeldy 12, Aultmore 12, Craigellachie 13 live Amazon tast

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Aberfeldy 12, Aultmore 12, Craigellachie 13 live Amazon tast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Aberfeldy 12, Aultmore 12, Craigellachie 13 live Amazon tast Reply with quote

The Single Malt Collection Whisky Discovery Pack By John Dewar & Sons, 3x 20cl costing £40 available on Amazon.

Malt Master, Stephanie Macleod, brings three remarkable Scotch whiskies from John Dewar & Sons: Aberfeldy 12 Years Old, Aultmore 12 Years Old and Craigellachie 13 Year Old, together in one unique Single Malt Discovery Collection.

Purchase this exclusive pack and take part in Amazon’s first-ever interactive livestream whisky tasting, hosted by Stephanie, award-winning drinks writer, Alice Lascelles, and Aberfeldy Ambassador, Matthew Cordiner, including a live Q&A session, direct from the Aberfeldy Distillery.

October 24th, 2019 - Live Whisky Tasting - become the expert with a masterclass at Amazon's 1st ever interactive whisky tasting.

Ive just copied and pasted from Amazon to share with the forum. I'm hoping to be streaming live..

Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now down to £35.99, which for 600ml of these three malts is actually a decent price. And as an additional note: the Aberfeldy 12 in this tasting pack is bottled at 46%, not the usual 40%. I always thought Aberfeldy had a nice profile was let down by the low strength so this is very welcome news.
John

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for the free delivery option as I am not on Amazon Prime I don't think it will turn up in time for the tasting but I am not too bothered about that.

Anyone interested in the tasting pack you will find it here: https://amzn.to/2BwZOBz
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've got a good chance at getting them before the tasting - I ordered them yesterday afternoon (also the standard free delivery) and they just arrived about an hour ago. Maybe it varies regionally (I'm just north of London) but I have a feeling they are specifically aiming to ship them in time for the tasting.
jcarrick
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How quickly the free delivery is often depends on the location of the Amazon warehouse which has stock of the whisky, I have ordered a pack now, hard to say no at this price and the 46% Aberfeldy is intriguing, I wonder if the Aberfeldy 40% version is getting replaced by this one or if this is just a special edition for the tasting.
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcarrick wrote:
the 46% Aberfeldy is intriguing, I wonder if the Aberfeldy 40% version is getting replaced by this one or if this is just a special edition for the tasting.

I did wonder about this - actually my main concern was that the 46% was a typo on the label - so I contacted the distillery. They confirmed it's a special edition for the tasting.

Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price cut already! Grr! Bought 2 packs, 1 for drinking this week and 1 for later. Interesting to see the higher Aberfeldy, you'd think they might of made more of that fact.
1 pack is opened and ready for Thursday.
Forbes
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will cut the price even more after the tasting on the 24th if the packs have been created solely for the tasting event.
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£36 with free delivery is not bad going and the 46% for the Aberfeldy definitely swayed it for me.
A perfect Christmas gift also, if the price does come down I may get another Smile
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that the live tasting is being recorded and will be uploaded and available till the end of the year. So if you miss it live, you can catch it anytime before the year is out.
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tasting set, hope they might do some other sets of higher age.

All round good packaging, good live stream (that'll be available to watch back on Anazon) and great whisky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: