www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Kininive Releases 3 Trial Whiskies

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Kininive Releases 3 Trial Whiskies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Kininive Releases 3 Trial Whiskies Reply with quote

Kininvie Works the new experimental branch of the Speyside distillery has released three of its trial whiskies:

KVSM001 Single Malt
KVSG002 Single Grain
KVSB003 Single Blended whisky expression

All of the whiskies have been created from different trials from Kininvie Works.

The three new trial whiskies are only available from Amazon which is becoming more of a trend these days.

You will find more info on the three trial whiskies and a white paper theorising a potential trial at Kininvie Works.here:

https://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/kininvieworkstrialwhiskies.htm

Last edited by William on Sun May 24, 2020 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this I could get on board with, 50cl bottles is a bit stingy but I guess it ties in with the 'science experiment' marketing ploy. I wouldn't mind trying the single malt at all.
Hugo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pot still distilled grain whisky could be interesting.
arqueturus
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really quite interesting, I love the transparency of details on the label.

The Blend could be very tasty.
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep going back and forth on this. On the one hand, £35 isn't objectively a large amount and I really want to try the single malt. On the other, for the same amount I can get a full size bottle of a malt twice the Kininvie's age. If this was a full size bottle, it equates to £49 - and I don't think I would pay that for a 5-6 year old Kininvie.
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on this. I think the price is high for the product. Maybe spent the budget on the 'science book' style box. This frustrates me because I would like to taste more young spirit and new make from UK distilleries at reasonable prices.

In Virginia, US I was able to buy 750ml new make at 62% for under £25 from a distillery. It is a great taste experience and allows for some home experimentation.

Whiskyphiles have reviews on them, rating the Rye highest

Torrie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexppp wrote:
I keep going back and forth on this. On the one hand, £35 isn't objectively a large amount and I really want to try the single malt. On the other, for the same amount I can get a full size bottle of a malt twice the Kininvie's age. If this was a full size bottle, it equates to £49 - and I don't think I would pay that for a 5-6 year old Kininvie.
Like many Amazon whisky exclusives it is perhaps worth holding off as it may go on offer and Amazon as you know can do some good offers.
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrie wrote:
Like many Amazon whisky exclusives it is perhaps worth holding off as it may go on offer and Amazon as you know can do some good offers.

Good point - if it was under £30 I would consider it fair given the contents.
BigShing
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are overpriced, absolutely no doubt about that. Amazon will most likely put these on offer if they don't sell well at that pricepoint.
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many questions on this. Who decided the bottles? Terrible style. Ive placed my order and await delivey details. Seems a lot of experiments going on in Dufftown these days.

Any clues to the numbers of bottles, is the 50cl indicative there are not many so trying to get more out for tasting and review.

Glossed over the technical paper, disappointing not to see anyone put their name to it. If this has been too good to throw into a blend, then who's nose and tasting has put this to market? Really should have a master blender attributing there sign off, is it trainee Kelsey McKechnie or David Stewart or Brian Kinsman (who put his name to Aerstone) Have I missed the appointed master blender?

Will the real slim shady please stand up Smile
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really to bother about the name of the person who put these together as long as they are good, I am not into these 50cl bottles but I am sure if I see these on offer in Amazon I will be intrigued enough to give at least one of them a go, I quite fancy the blend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: