www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Birmingham festival

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Birmingham festival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peloquin
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Birmingham festival Reply with quote

Anyone going on Sept 14th?

https://www.whiskyfest.co.uk/

BigShing
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah me and a mate have got tickets booked. I've never been to this one before though, but I think it's the only annual festival outside of the big WHisky Birmingham one in early March each year. Looking forward to seeing out it holds up against that one!
Peloquin
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been to this one myself. Looking forward to it.
I go to the Stoke one every year, I live in Stoke so seems silly to miss that one.
BigShing
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen of videos of past years this one might be a little smaller than the Stoke festival, but should have more than enough of a selection. I'm most excited about the possibility that Ardbeg will have a stand because they've been absent from all the Bham whisky fests I've been to before. With a bit of luck Glenfiddich might be there with the guy who looked after the stand at the Whisky Bham festival back in March. He was letting people pour their own whisky out of the 12,15,18,IPA, XX, and Fire & Cane. Very Happy
BigShing
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DId you make it to the festival in the end Peloquin? I had a great time, tried around 41 whiskies (most of which were for the first time) and even got to sample four dream dram drinks, including a 37yr Bunnahabhain from that boutique-y whisky company, which was pretty awesome.
Peloquin
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigShing wrote:
DId you make it to the festival in the end Peloquin? I had a great time, tried around 41 whiskies (most of which were for the first time) and even got to sample four dream dram drinks, including a 37yr Bunnahabhain from that boutique-y whisky company, which was pretty awesome.

Sorry, I don't know why I didn't see this reply.
Yeah, I went, it was a great day.
Spent about an hour talking to Vin PF from No Nonsense Whisky Reviews on YouTube, lovely bloke.
I was very disappointed with there being no Campbeltown whiskies there apart from dream drams but I enjoyed the day.
I'm just about to get tickets for the March 7th festival in Brum...will you be going that one?

BigShing
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, guess it was my turn to completely forget about this thread!

No I missed my chance to order tickets for the Whisky Birmingham in March this year as i was holding off waiting for friends to make a decision, and then poor health made me wonder if I would be healthy enough to make it anyways, and eventually the festival sold out. IIRC they didn't, sell out until February last year, but this year tickets were gone by mid January, so it goes to show these events are getting more popular.

VinPF should be at the one in March as I've seen him at every Bham festival I've attended, very friendly and helpful guy for sure, he was helping out the cotswold stall last year. Last year was a good year for campbeltown malts, there was a Kilkerran stand in the smaller room and some other stalls had various Glen Scotia on offer, so hopefully you'll be able to sample a few in March. I would wager the Kilkerran stand will be even better this year if they come back, as they only had three whiskies last year. I would expect more this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: