www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Macallan Folio 4

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Macallan Folio 4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisky Chaser
Triple Malt Member
Triple Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Macallan Folio 4 Reply with quote

Just a heads up for those interested in this, I just received an email from the Macallan to enter the ballot for a bottle of the Macallan Folio 4

Quote:
The Macallan Archival Series remembers the legendary advertising campaigns of the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s that took The Macallan to a wider audience for the first time. The original campaigns were led by creative director, David Holmes, and copywriter, Nick Salaman, in collaboration with The Macallan.

The fourth release from the 24-part collection, Folio 4 focuses on an advert featuring a musical tribute to The Macallan penned by Scottish fiddle legend, James Scott Skinner - known as the Strathspey King. The advert notes that Skinner was so moved by his favourite malt he created a unique piece of music featuring his signature lilting notes with the simple catchphrase: “The Macallan. The Malt.”

We are pleased to inform you that the ballot for this release is now open for registrations. If you are interested in securing a bottle, please follow the link below and complete the ballot entry information before 23:59 UK time on 22nd April 2019.

ENTER THE BALLOT https://www.themacallan.com/en/whisky/single-malts/limited-releases/the-archival-series/folio-4

The Macallan Folio 4 is priced at £250.00 (70cl) excluding delivery and the final price will be subject to local taxes and duties related to the delivery destination.

USEFUL INFORMATION
• Delivery of whisky products from The Macallan Online Shop is currently available to 27 countries.
• Entries to the ballot will close at 23:59 UK time on 22nd April 2019.
• All required fields must be completed and submitted to confirm your entry and all eligible entries will receive a confirmation email.
• If you experience any issues completing your registration, please contact a member of the team on +44 (0)1340 318 000 or email shop@themacallan.com before the ballot closes.
• By entering the ballot you are not making a purchase and there is no obligation to buy, even if you are successful in the ballot.
• Successful entrants will be notified by email after the closing date and will have 72 hours to purchase using a non-transferable link.
• Entries are strictly limited to one per person and the details you use to enter the ballot must match those you use to complete your purchase, should you be successful.
• We aim to notify all successful entrants by email by the end of May 2019.
• Full terms and conditions for the ballot can be found here.

AB53Coo
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Havent given in to the macallan hype and have never been blown away by any ive tried in recent years.
does the whisky inside the Folios merit the price range or is it purely for display?
Whisky Chaser
Triple Malt Member
Triple Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only tasted the Folio 3 and it was good IMO so I have put my name into the ballot for Folio 4, they are expensive and if you don't pay big you wont get to taste. From a business point of view why would the Macallan sell bottles like this any cheaper when clearly there are enough people out there willing to pay there asking prices. To be honest my name is in the ballot to buy as an investment which will hopefully afford me other whiskies which I will drink and if for some reason it doesn't achieve a profit for me I won't be worried as I am confident it will be drinkable. Buying and selling whisky like this now is simply part of whisky drinking for me these days and the Macallan is always a safe bet.
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB53Coo wrote:
I Havent given in to the macallan hype and have never been blown away by any ive tried in recent years.
does the whisky inside the Folios merit the price range or is it purely for display?

There is no whisky put out by Macallan these days that is worth the money, not even close but I look at it from a drinker's perspective, not collecting or investment and that is the problem with Macallan.
If more people actually drank the stuff they would realise it is generally pretty lame for the money and prices would have to come down, that's my theory anyway.
soderd
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisky Chaser wrote:
I have only tasted the Folio 3 and it was good IMO so I have put my name into the ballot for Folio 4, they are expensive and if you don't pay big you wont get to taste. From a business point of view why would the Macallan sell bottles like this any cheaper when clearly there are enough people out there willing to pay there asking prices. To be honest my name is in the ballot to buy as an investment which will hopefully afford me other whiskies which I will drink and if for some reason it doesn't achieve a profit for me I won't be worried as I am confident it will be drinkable. Buying and selling whisky like this now is simply part of whisky drinking for me these days and the Macallan is always a safe bet.

what he said...

soderd
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lincoln imp wrote:
AB53Coo wrote:

There is no whisky put out by Macallan these days that is worth the money, not even close but I look at it from a drinker's perspective, not collecting or investment and that is the problem with Macallan.
If more people actually drank the stuff they would realise it is generally pretty lame for the money and prices would have to come down, that's my theory anyway.

yes there is, The Macallan Sienna at 50-60pounds.
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soderd wrote:
lincoln imp wrote:
AB53Coo wrote:

yes there is, The Macallan Sienna at 50-60pounds.

I stand corrected and to be honest I have not tried that one but the new releases I have tried have been pretty poor where quality/value ratio is concerned
unblended
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sienna is not bad but was one of four at the time so that means a 25% good ratio 75% poor
enough said Rolling Eyes
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put my name in the hat. My track record of ballots is abysmal, will see what comes of it. I'm sure I read that I'd get an email reply saying Ive entered? Is that correct, anyone had a confirmation email as I've not received any
Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had an email reply??

eelbrook
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone who actually entered the ballot get a bottle?
GregBurnett
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not received any emails so far. Did they say when you would be notified if successful?
soderd
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no news here either
soderd
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Entries to the ballot close at 23:59 UK time on the 22nd April 2019 and we aim to email all successful entrants by the end of May 2019."
thelastdram
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emails are out I managed to get one first successful ballot and looking forward to trying it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: