www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - blowing my own trumpet

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
blowing my own trumpet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Books & DVD Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broombank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: blowing my own trumpet Reply with quote

I know ( especially in Aberdeen) that it is bad form to blow your own trumpet . However I thought members might like to know that i have cut the prices for my book Bottled History for Christmas . In the case of the Connoisseurs edition this is a dramatic cut from £75 to £45 . I am also interested in anyone who want s to do a 'deal' over a large number of books . I will offer an extremely competitive price if the numbers are right . The book makes a great gift for customers etc., My book for those who don't know is a five year labour of love - photographing the quiet cobweb covered corners of 55 Scottish Malt Whisky distilleries . I looked for old equipment , obsolete processes and endangered practices . I also interviewed a large number of elderly retired distillery employees who told me stories of the way things were before automation. In the book the pictures and stories go together to make up a 12 inch square hardcover coffee table book . Details are on a dedicated website at www.bottledhistory.com including voice clips from the men speaking. and a number of reviews The book can be bought from the website but not in bookshops other than Waterstones in Aberdeen . It is not on Amazon . Otherwise it is widely available in Distillery shops and Whisky shops nationwide.

Timp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this post and decided to have a look for current sales. Picked up a new copy for very little, which seems a shame given the time this person put in to gathering the shots and comments.

However it is a lovely book with interesting full page photos and comments from old hands, veterans of the trade etc..

Well worth the money I paid..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Books & DVD Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: