www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Peter's Exchange Samples - Page 2

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Peter's Exchange Samples
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> The Whisky Sample Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWM wrote:
You lost me at Deep Purple. Lol. Too much of a bad thing - my father in law is also a fan (although clearly not of music) Laughing

Sad I wondered how long it would be before someone derided tonight's choice of music. If your FIL is a fan of Deep Purple, I'm guessing that you're a generation younger than me. They were the first band I ever saw live, back in the 1970s.

For many years, my Friday night entertainment has been a concert video (usually the likes of Yes, Pink Floyd or the Moody Blues) with a glass or three of Scotch and American. It just happened to be Deep Purple tonight because one of theirs arrived here in yesterday's post. The week before last it was Status Quo, for the same reason. Bands like Quo and Purple get a lot of stick, but hey're actually very good musicians. I'd rather listen to them than a lot of other stuff. (Rap, for example.)

krakow
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to Yes's 'Fragile' just this afternoon. "Roundabout" is a great track, love the bass playing on that one especially. Not a big Deep Purple fan, but to each his own - enjoy!
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now open: Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold.
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two new acquisitions today:
Old Pulteney 12YO
Royal Lochnagar 12YO.

I've updated the master list above. As ever, I'm happy to have the order in which I open bottles influenced by swap requests. However, I reserve the right to refuse to open a bottle if I feel I've got too many open at a time. "Too many" is not a fixed number, since it depends not solely on the actual number open, but on other, totally subjective, factors..
hotshothamish
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that Royal Lochnagar looks interesting...
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotshothamish wrote:
now that Royal Lochnagar looks interesting...

Well, I'd look favourably on a request from you to open it if you want another swap. You're definitely in my good books: I drank your anCnoc last night, and enjoyed it. Not as much as the Cragganmore, but I did enjoy it. Thank you.

(Actually, everyone with whom I've swapped so far is in my good books. All of my swaps to date have, from my point of view, been pleasant and worthwhile experiences... apart from the need to visit local post offices.)

bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Royal Lochnagar is now open, and my list above reflects this.

(I have been updating my list as new bottles arrive, bottles get opened and others get finished. Please watch the date in red in my first post above: I change it as and when I update the list. I just haven't been making a song and dance about it every time. If you haven't been watching, there might be one or two additions to my stock that would interest you but which you haven't noticed.)

Other recently opened bottles are the Macallan Gold (which I found a bit disappointing) and Highland Park 12YO (which I really like). The most recent arrival is a Knockando that got here last Thursday.
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling that I'm losing control of my bottle supply, and have decided to stop swapping for the time being.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> The Whisky Sample Exchange All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: