www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Sample swaps - Page 3

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Sample swaps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> The Whisky Sample Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluepeter wrote:
jwbassman wrote:
More samples posted today (on the right service this time, lesson learnt) and confirmation that the package I sent to bluepeter has been delivered and all is good so far Laughing

All definitely good from my POV. I'm looking forward to tasting the whiskies that I received this morning.

And the Royal Mail Track and Trace says that the package I sent to jwbassman has also been delivered Smile

Just arrived Peter - many thanks Smile

jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakow wrote:
Are there any particular sample bottles that experienced folks recommend?

I'm a relative beginner as well, so not sure I have too much to raise real excitement just now, but I'd be interested in taking part. Really wanting to expand my horizons.

Yes, the ones I got were from Amazon, had a couple of boxes from them now, no complaints.
krakow
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluepeter wrote:
krakow wrote:
Are there any particular sample bottles that experienced folks recommend?

I'm a relative beginner as well, so not sure I have too much to raise real excitement just now, but I'd be interested in taking part. Really wanting to expand my horizons.

I bought some of these: http://tinyurl.com/zpd9qws. Amazon sell them in various quantities, so pick the pack size that looks best for you. The ones I received this morning from jwbassman were in identical bottles, so I'm clearly not the only person using them Smile

(If the URL doesn't work for you - I got a 404 when I tried it from the forum - do a search on Amazon on Nutley's 50ml Miniature Glass Spirit Bottle.)

I'm also a beginner, and would be happy to swap with you if you have any that I haven't already tried (likely!). Please see the lists already posted in the sample exchange section of the forum, and add your own. Mine's there: you're free to browse and PM me if there's anything you fancy.

Brilliant, thanks bluepeter. Those are a decent price, so I'll pick up a handful. Yep, I think we might be at quite a similar place at the moment. There's a few bottles on your list I'd be keen to try, for sure. I'll hopefully get a chance to list mine on the forum and then send you a message to see about setting up a wee swap as well.

By the way, the link works ok if you delete the full stop . at the end. Put a space in there before the . and the forum should pick it up ok. http://tinyurl.com/zpd9qws
sorren
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this company and have purchased about 200 and they are very good and the service is great.. I only generally buy 3cl ( 30ml ) because of the amount I send out..
http://www.colouredbottles.co.uk/Alpha-Bottles-Clear-Amber.html?cat=290home.php
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakow wrote:
Brilliant, thanks bluepeter. Those are a decent price, so I'll pick up a handful. Yep, I think we might be at quite a similar place at the moment. There's a few bottles on your list I'd be keen to try, for sure. I'll hopefully get a chance to list mine on the forum and then send you a message to see about setting up a wee swap as well.

By the way, the link works ok if you delete the full stop . at the end. Put a space in there before the . and the forum should pick it up ok. http://tinyurl.com/zpd9qws

Thanks. I've just been back and edited my post to sort out the URL.

As for swapping, that's great. PM me whenever you're ready. And you're welcome to ask me to open one or two new ones. I don't mind having the order in which I open bottles dictated by swap customers, just as long as I don't end up with too many open at once.
jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another set of swaps successfully completed.

To those of you who have posted lists in the new Sample Exchange section thanks for getting on board with this idea guys, hopefully a few more people will in due course Smile

sorren
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be involved but won't post a list as my bottles and samples are ever changing.. by the time I post most might be home.. Thanks to those who are happy to take mystery packages from me.. You will not be disappointed!! I can assure you.. 😁👍
dramblersanonymous
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorren wrote:
I will be involved but won't post a list as my bottles and samples are ever changing.. by the time I post most might be home.. Thanks to those who are happy to take mystery packages from me.. You will not be disappointed!! I can assure you.. 😁👍

Just let us know when and where Sorren!
jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorren wrote:

I'm in Laughing
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorren wrote:

I'd be very happy in principle to participate. In practice, however, I suspect that you're way out of my league, and therefore that I wouldn't be able to offer anything of interest to you in return.
sorren
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue peter.. I don't swop for equal value.. i am very happy to offer what I have for anything.. it's all about sharing!! Everyone has things that intrigues me.. if I have things that interest others then I'm more than happy to share where I can.. if and when I get round to sharing then I'll look at your list and if there is something of interest then I'll send you some great drams in return.. no pressure.. just enjoy what you receive ..
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorren wrote:
Blue peter.. I don't swop for equal value.. i am very happy to offer what I have for anything.. it's all about sharing!! Everyone has things that intrigues me.. if I have things that interest others then I'm more than happy to share where I can.. if and when I get round to sharing then I'll look at your list and if there is something of interest then I'll send you some great drams in return.. no pressure.. just enjoy what you receive ..

Well, that's great, and very generous of you. Thank you.

jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else fancy swappping some samples?
Delboyscap
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking idea guys! So jealous that I live in Australia and not the UK. Anyone in Australia feel free to PM me if you are interested in whisky sample swaps?
The Mantis
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwbassman wrote:
Alexppp wrote:
I'd be interested in this, but only in person, can't be bothered to post stuff. Where are you based?

Hi Alexpp, I'm in Preston, North West UK.

Shurely shome mishtake Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> The Whisky Sample Exchange All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: