www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Islay Distillery Tour Spring 2016

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Islay Distillery Tour Spring 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rexmundi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Islay Distillery Tour Spring 2016 Reply with quote

Happy new year all!

I'm planning a 3/4 day tour of Islay in a the spring and would be keen to hear from anyone who has been (especially those who have been on a budget). I'm thinking what the best mode of transport is and if anyone would recommend taking bikes? Or are most of the distilleries close enough to walk between? Also interested if anyone has camped or used the bothies on island?

sned85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi if you are on a budget I would recommend traveling with citylink to kennicraig and then the cal mac ferry over to islay . I know the local bus services over there pass right by the major distillery's . not to sure on local b&* rates . hope this helps a tiny wee bit
Rexmundi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're on a budget more for the accommodation but I didn't know there is public transport on the island, so that information is very useful, so thanks very much for that! Initially thought of taking car and biking between distilleries but, the bus sounds safer and faster and will result in more dram time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: