www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - King George IV and White Horse Blends - Drink or Sell?

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
King George IV and White Horse Blends - Drink or Sell?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Taffinch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: King George IV and White Horse Blends - Drink or Sell? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I wonder if someone could give me some guidance in a slight conumdrum?...

When my Granddad passed away about 10 years ago I was given a couple of bottles of blended whisky.

The first is a White Horse - Serial no. 5824266

The second is a King George IV on which I cannot find any serial number or anything else which might help date it, but I would imagine is the contemporary of the White Horse, or may even pre-date it.

Both are sealed but unboxed. The labels are in reasonable to good condition. There is a slight ripple in the King George label where it has come away from the glass.

I think I would like to sell one and drink the other but I am not sure which one should meet which fate as I don't know much about blended brands. Any idea of the price that I might expect for these and the best method of selling them? Which one should be used to warm the cockles of my heart?

Many thanks in advance for any advice received.

islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: King George IV and White Horse Blends - Drink or Sell? Reply with quote

The_Taffinch wrote:
Hi all,

I wonder if someone could give me some guidance in a slight conumdrum?...

When my Granddad passed away about 10 years ago I was given a couple of bottles of blended whisky.

The first is a White Horse - Serial no. 5824266
The second is a King George IV on which I cannot find any serial number or anything else which might help date it, but I would imagine is the contemporary of the White Horse, or may even pre-date it.
Both are sealed but unboxed. The labels are in reasonable to good condition. There is a slight ripple in the King George label where it has come away from the glass.
I think I would like to sell one and drink the other but I am not sure which one should meet which fate as I don't know much about blended brands. Any idea of the price that I might expect for these and the best method of selling them? Which one should be used to warm the cockles of my heart?
Many thanks in advance for any advice received.

Hi,
The story goes, if you drink one of the bottles . . . the other one goes up in price . . . well this goes with big names like Macallan etc. will it be the same for your White Horse is another story.
May I suggest that you contact Sukhinder at the www.WhiskyExchange.com, he will give you an idea what you might get for it in an auction.
Cheers, Rene
Vcdman
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not familiar with those whiskies but if they are rare or old, i'd try not to drink either, that would be ideal..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: