www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Glenglassaugh Distillery

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Glenglassaugh Distillery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minesascotch
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Glenglassaugh Distillery Reply with quote

Visited the distillery on Friday, lots of work going on, new road being laid, Dunnage Warehouses having complete new roofs, floors and doorways to take fork lifts, looks like a lot of work, best to ring before a visit I think to check open when you plan to visit.
(Nothing to say it will be closed but might be worth a telephone call)

Tried a new Cask Strength 4 year old sherry cask in shop very good, this will be fantastic in the future, I would have bought a sample but no bottles left ! Bloody long drive from Somerset.

Slainte

Charlie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to seeing what Benriach does with Glenglassaugh in the coming years, sounds like they are certainly investing in it.
minesascotch
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revisited last week all up together with other on going work on cottages on site to be used for business/conferencing etc.

Two disappointing things though, no cask available to taste/buy in the shop as it had been finished and the manager had not yet replaced it ! and having explained on my last visit I was unable to have a full tour because of the works going on and that when a request was made for a quick walk round to see the improvements, I was told I would have to pay for a tour for reasons of health and safety, compare that to AnCnoc a quick phone call ahead as they have no visitor centre and my friend and I were given a very good tour round at no cost, well worth a visit if you can.
Cuba
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would contact Benriach and tell them what a poor experience you had on your visit I am sure they would what their staff to offer a much better experience.
Coneyhurst Blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlenG ran a promotion a few years ago where one could but and Octave and mature it at your leisure.
I have a share in 8 all together, filled with a mixture of peated and non peated spirit and various different casks - PX, Oloroso, Port, Rum and Bourbon.
I cant wait !
minesascotch
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coneyhurst Blue wrote:
GlenG ran a promotion a few years ago where one could but and Octave and mature it at your leisure.
I have a share in 8 all together, filled with a mixture of peated and non peated spirit and various different casks - PX, Oloroso, Port, Rum and Bourbon.
I cant wait !

I saw these casks on my visit last year along with the first one filled/allocated to a Mr Alex Salmond in partnership with China I enquired about buying one and was told that they had just stopped selling them dam, I know you will enjoy the ones you have, if they are anything like the one in the shop last year they will be excellent bottles.

Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: