www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Dailuaine and Benrinnes F&F

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dailuaine and Benrinnes F&F

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does it bother you ?
Y
100%
 100%  [ 30 ]
N
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Dailuaine and Benrinnes F&F Reply with quote

More bad news from the Diageo corner.
It appears that following the removal of Mortlach F&F last year from the counters, Diageo are about to extend the reduction of single malts from shops in order to put every drop of Dailuaine and Benrinnes also in JW Red Label.
What do you feel about that ? Rene

Big Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rene

It does bother me that another couple of decent malts are going to be unavailable. I have always enjoyed Mortlach and Dailuaine.

I guess It is an indication of the popularity of whisky and the rising demand for blended whisky. With Johnnie Walker Red Label being one of the worlds most popular whiskies I suppose it would make sense that Diageo are using the whisky where the biggest demand is. They must be short of fruity/sherried whiskies to go into there JW Red blend to meet the increase demand.

To put every drop into JW Red is a bit much and i have always considered JW Red Label a poor blend. Surely they could still make a limited amount available.

Mac
Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am disappointed all 3 are good malts. As you say Mac the malt whisky is always going to go where the biggest demand is and sadly the demand for blends such as JW Red outweighs the demand for single malts.

Keith
John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If every drop of malt produced at these distilleries is going into blends then I guess you could say Diageo have shut down these 3 distilleries as far as single malt whisky drinkers are concerned.

John
Hugh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree John they may as well have shut them down. Evil or Very Mad

Hugh
Gordon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Mac Johnnie Walker Red is a poor blend and it is such a shame that these good malts are are going to dissappear into it.

Gordon

Mad Mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
If every drop of malt produced at these distilleries is going into blends then I guess you could say Diageo have shut down these 3 distilleries as far as single malt whisky drinkers are concerned.

John
I agree John, they are as good as closed now. Such a pity. Cheers Diageo. Sad
Derek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the news Rene, i new about Mortlach but it is the first i have heard of Dailuaine and Benrinnes disappearing, I will have to try to pick up some to stick in my cupboard before it disappears for ever.

If Diageo do not want to bottle them anymore It would be good if Diageo would sell an odd barrel or two to the independent bottlers to keep their faithful malt whisky customers happy.

Derek
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Dailuiane & Benrinnes Reply with quote

Derek wrote:
Thanks for the news Rene, i new about Mortlach but it is the first i have heard of Dailuaine and Benrinnes disappearing, I will have to try to pick up some to stick in my cupboard before it disappears for ever.

If Diageo do not want to bottle them anymore It would be good if Diageo would sell an odd barrel or two to the independent bottlers to keep their faithful malt whisky customers happy.
Derek

Hi Derek,
There are about 7-8 different bottlings from Independent Bottles currently on the market. Some very good ones like OMC and Adelphi 15 to 17 yo with a good nose and taste. Try one you will not be disapointed , however none is like the original F&F.
Slainte Rene
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
John

Hi John,

We all hope that that is not the case.
Baring in mind the new distillery they building in Roseisle on the Moray Firth that probably will supply enough malts to satisfy the whole of the Far East !.
Rene
Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if i am wrong but i am sure that i read somewhere that Diageo was scrapping their whole Flora & Fauna series, so i dont think it is just the 3 whiskies you mention Rene that are going to disappear. Although the 3 you mention are 3 of the better whiskies from the series and i would have guessed 3 of the better sellers. I will certainly miss the Mortlach and Dailuaine bottlings which i have enjoyed a few bottles of in the past.

Trevor
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: