www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - New Dalmore Whisky Range

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Dalmore Whisky Range

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: New Dalmore Whisky Range Reply with quote

As you may already be aware The Dalmore have released a new range of luxury malt whiskies.

The new range is:

For more info and tasting notes on the new range please see HERE:

Very Happy GET FREE DELIVERY ON THE NEW DALMORE RANGE
The full new range which is currently in limited supply is now available online at The Drink Shop. For a very limited time only The Drink Shop is offering Free Delivery on the new Dalmore range a saving of £5.49 for UK deliveries.

William

William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you wandering about the old range this is how it stands:

The Dalmore Cigar malt and The Dalmore 21 year old have been discontinued.

As for the Dalmore 12 year old it is not only a new bottle and packaging, the content of the bottle is different. The previous 12 year old Dalmore has been uprated from 40% sherry to 50%. Dalmore have sought balance and richness by selecting malts in a 50:50 recipe - 50% from ex bourbon barrels and 50% from ex sherry butts.

The new 15 year old is the new flagship expression of The Dalmore.

William
Big Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very attractive looking bottles.

I have always enjoyed Dalmore and i will certainly be interested in trying the new range. Does anyone know if and when it will be available in the US?

Mac
Gary H

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is certainly luxury looking packaging, i am sure the packaging alone will shift bottles of shelves.

I do like the look of their new 15 year old, should be good if it is as good as it says in the tasting notes.

Pity they didnt also release a cask strength version, now that would have been luxurious.

Gary
Andy M
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary H wrote:
Yes it is certainly luxury looking packaging, i am sure the packaging alone will shift bottles of shelves.

I do like the look of their new 15 year old, should be good if it is as good as it says in the tasting notes.

Yes with luxury prices, £35 for the 12 year old is a bit steep but i suppose not too bad with the free delivery offer available from The Drink Shop just now. I also like the look of the 15 year old but i will wait for some feedback to see if others think it is worth the £45 asking price.

Gary H wrote:
Pity they didnt also release a cask strength version, now that would have been luxurious.

A cask strength version would have been good or at least an increase in the ABV to say 46%

Andy
Marsh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy M wrote:
I also like the look of the 15 year old but i will wait for some feedback to see if others think it is worth the £45 asking price.

Hi Andy

I havent tried it myself in fact i didnt know it existed until a mate ( whos recommendations i would trust) recommended it to me. It was available at Royal Mile Whiskies for £44 but they are out of stock, so The Drink Shop is not over priced on this one. When you consider The Drink Shop are offering free delivery on the Dalmore whisky it is quite a saving and the best price i have found on the dalmore 15.

Marsh

Derek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually buy my father inlaw a bottle of either the dalmore 12 or the cigar malt, this will explain why i have had trouble buying them locally. Guess he will have to make do with a £20 bottle of Macallan this christmas.

Derek
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very classy looking bottles and packaging, i am sure it will get sales on looks alone.

Derek i wonder if possibly the new Gran Reserva is the old Cigar Malt with a new name and packaging, and new luxurious price. £40/$80 is a lot for a malt with no age statement. Like Andy M, i think i may would have to hear some good feedback before parting with cash.

I have always enjoyed The Dalmore malts, the tasting notes posted here do sound very tempting but i assume they are the manufacturers/dalmores notes. It would be good to hear some indepenent feedback.

Bill
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill the tasting notes and description are from Dalmore as you say, they do sound very tempting. I havent got any independent tasting notes or feedback on these malts yet as they where only released earlier this month.

William
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: