www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - found a gem in scotland

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
found a gem in scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Recommended Whisky Bars & Pubs Of The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dek666
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: found a gem in scotland Reply with quote

hi all im new on here so you will have to forgive me if i f**k things up i work in glasgow and i go in to the pot still about 2 times a month and it allways is fantastic to see all that whisky anyway i will get to the point i want to make
i was taken out for my lunch on saturday by a pal of mine who told me about a small restaurant that he goes to about once a month
so as i walked through the front door of the restraunt i was taken aback as in this small but cosy restaurant i was hit by the bar !!! and what a bar i was shocked to find out that the chefs hobby was cooking and drinking whisky not at the same time i hope lol as i sat at my table i counted the bar 226 bottles of whisky i got talking to the waitress and she told us all about the chef and after our lunch i asked to talk to him it was a busy lunch time but the chef came down to the table and we had a nich we chat and talked about whisky and he told me he wanted to get about 400 bottles but he can only buy about 3/4 a month but it was a fantastic lunch and it was only £6.95 for 2 courses or £8.95 for 3
but at the end of the day it is the location of the restaurant that shocked me for the standered of food,and the selection of whisky was not in glasgow it is on wishaw main street in a small restaurant called ARTISAN my days of eating out in glasgow are over what a find i urge you to try it it was fantastic i still can not get it out my head 220 bottles the restaurant only holds 44 people i was that impressed i have just booked my xmas night out for the work there and i have been told by the chef he is hopping to have 300 bottles on the bar for xmas so go and try it fantastic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Recommended Whisky Bars & Pubs Of The World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: