The Whisky Exchange - New Site"> The Whisky Exchange - New Site scotch malt whisky forum">
www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - The Whisky Exchange - New Site

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Whisky Exchange - New Site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: The Whisky Exchange - New Site Reply with quote

The Whisky Exchange has launched a new version of their website.

The A to Z of malts and the Whisky News page showing the latest releases seems to have disappeared. from the site, i dont know about anyone else but these where the main pages i would use when i visited the site.

The new site does have a more professional look about it and loads much quicker, which can only improve sales for the site.

You can check out there new site here: The Whisky Exchange

William

Big Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i am just not used to the new site but i also liked the A to Z of Single Malts page, i used this page all the time.The A to Z page was the page i had book marked in my favourites.

Also i dont think much of the search page. Too many options in the drop down box and you have to scroll a long way down to find the Single Malts option.

The look of the site has improved but it would have been easy to leave an A to Z of Single Malts page on the new site.

Big Mac
Davy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just noticed the new site. Looks good but i did like the old sites A to Z page where you could view all the distilleries.

It is a much better looking site and will be even better when they start getting some reviews and tasting notes added.

Davy
John

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davy wrote:
It is a much better looking site and will be even better when they start getting some reviews and tasting notes added.

Davy

I agree Davy, it is about time The Whisky Exchange had some info on there site about the whiskies it is selling. I just added a review to see how the system works, I got a message saying reviews are monitored and it would take a couple of days to appear. So it will be interesting to see how long it takes a review to appear on the site. It will be interesting to see whether they add both good and bad reviews which have been submitted.

When submitting a review they could have asked the reviewer to rate the whisky out of 100.

I also agree about what has been said about the A to Z of malts page not being on the new site, very annoying i always used that page.

I also prefered the old search page where you could search by either vintage, age, region, distillery or bottler.

A sort button for the search results would have been nice. i.e. Sort By Price or Sort Alphabetically. Also a sort button on the "Single Malts" page when you select "Producer" in the drop down box would also have been good.

John
Fergie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the site looks much better.

It is a pity the News page has gone i always visited this page. Perhaps they are now going to send out a email newsletter, i registered for their newsletter ages ago but never ever received one. The old format A to Z page will also be missed by me.

Fergie
Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site does look better and the fact they are going to add reviews and tasting notes is excellent.

The search is very poor, i would say the search on the old version of the site was better. For instance i liked browsing through the offerings from the independent bottlers to see if anything caught my interest but it seems you cannot do this now. I used to be able to select for example Gordon & MacPhail on the search page then view all the bottlings The Whisky Exchange had to offer from G & M. The independent bottlers are not even mentioned in the drop down box on the search page. When you type in a independent bottlers name such as Duncan Taylor or Gordon & MacPhail you get no results. There search is very poorly designed on their new site and if i was The Whisky Exchange i would be asking questions of whoever designed it.

It would have been nice if you where able to sort the search results by Price or Alphabetically as John mentioned above.

Mark

Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I think the site does look much better and as already said the addition of tasting notes and reviews of the whisky will be a huge improvement.

In the past when i have shopped at The Whisky Exchange i would have had my whisky bible to hand to check out tasing notes.

Cheers

Keith
Paul T

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to be taking a long time to add tasting notes and reviews of the whiskies to the new site. Such a pity because it is the one thing The Whisky Exchange site has been missing.

Paul
Andy M
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes tasting notes would be a very welcome addition to the site.

Andy M
Mad Mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that they have tasting notes for quite a few of the whiskies now which is great but it would be good to see some tasting notes for the independent bottlings from the likes of Gordon & MacPhail and Douglas Laing.

Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: