www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - The Legend of Port Ellen distillery New book

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Legend of Port Ellen distillery New book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Books & DVD Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LowRobertson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: The Legend of Port Ellen distillery New book Reply with quote

Does anyone know this book on Port Ellen distillery??
I read a review on Whisky-News the site from Patrick Brossard.
It is also available on Amazon.uk.

Slainte!

LowRobertson

Kray
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had noticed it, all I know is it gives the complete history of the Port Ellen distillery and explains why it was closed and dismantled.
LowRobertson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Review Brossard Reply with quote

Thank you.
This is what I found under the whisky-news hoempage:

The Legend of Port Ellen Distillery by Holger Dreyer, Unibuch Verlag bei zu Klampen, 2015

Port Ellen is one of the most iconic lost Scottish malt whisky distilleries and is triggering a lot of interest amongst whisky collectors. In this book, the history of Port Ellen is well described and contains a fair amount of black & white photographs of high quality that should please anyone interested in the distillery. It contains as well numerous colour photographs taken after the closure, but before and during its final destruction. Although it does not contain a list of bottling from the distillery owner, numerous photographs of Port Ellen bottles illustrate this book. I wished production details were provided instead of a "cask analysis"?, which would be most relevant for some whisky enthusiasts such as myself. The layout is pleasant and the book reads well and would make a very good addition to the bookshelf for anyone interested about this legendary distillery. Of note, no tasting notes on the whisky are provided.

Rating: 4.5/5

Slainte

LowRobertson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Books & DVD Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: