www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Blends from 1964 & 1965,no labels.

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Blends from 1964 & 1965,no labels.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject: Blends from 1964 & 1965,no labels. Reply with quote

https://www.whisky-onlineauctions.com/auction/view/0122/140804
https://www.whisky-onlineauctions.com/auction/view/0122/140732

This is an interesting tasting, I believe the 1964 is Scottish Prince Special Quality Scotch whisky.

The nose is really weird, smells sweet & syrupy.The first taste of the palate and one thing springs to mind, flat, something has blunted it.
Flavours wise there is some stewed mango, apricot and hints of peach which certainly give some insight into the flavours on show and some spice does enter the fray, so with time in the glass this does develop for the better.
My first impression is wrong to a point, this is blunted somewhat on the palate but there is some quality in there for sure that does begin to shine.
Balance is ok and the palate seems to thicken up a bit, this is a rollercoaster strap in for the ride Smile

My first impression was wrong, this just got better and better, but the palate is still hindered by the OBE in my view.

Similar to the 1964 but a little more pronounced and basically better.
you get stewed plum, apricot, and peach just like the 64and there are some very subtle spice notes with some faint peat and smoke which the 64 did not have.
The palate is quite harsh, with some spice taking centre stage but apart from some fruit gum flavours in the distance there is not much else on show.
The spice takes over a little and some bitterness creeps in, the mouthfeel starts to get a little thin.
This is up and down like a yo yo, the next mouthfeel has some nice spice with a little more fruit.
I like the fruit in the finish and as you go on it does improve.

These were both pretty decent, it is always nice to taste old blends and not having the bottles confirmed adds some intrigue.
The 1964 is a few notches above the 1965

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: