Open To Visitors:
United Distillers & Vintners
+44 (0)1349 882461
The Teaninich distillery was built by captain Hugh Munro in 1817.
However as it was not easy to combine
his military career with that of a
distiller, he rented out the distillery.
The last tenant was Robert Innes
Cameron, who had shares in Benrinnes, Tamdhu and Linkwood
distilleries. In 1934 the Teaninich distillery was acquired by the Distillers Company Ltd. Teaninich is famous because it was the first distillery
to have electricity. The production capacity
was doubled in 1962 when a second pair
of stills where added. In 1971 a new still house, called
"Side A" with 6 stills was built. The old
still house, which they called "Side B"
was rebuilt in 1974 but Side B was mothballed in 1985.
The first official
bottlings of Teaninich single malt only
became available in 1992. Most of the
malt produced is used in UDV
blends such as Johnnie Walker.
Teaninich Tasting Notes
10 Year Old Flora & Fauna
A full and densely flavoured malt with
aromas of lemon, peat smoke, marmalade
and toffee apple. Robust and complex on
the palate before a slightly spicy