www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Old Fettercairn Whisky Scotch Single Malt - A to Z of Whiskies

Old Fettercairn Single Malt Scotch Whisky


Region:
Established:
Water Source:
Owner:

Distillery Status:
Open To Visitors:
Phone Number:
Highlands
1824
Springs in the Cairngorm Mountains
Whyte & Mackay Ltd
Operational
Yes
+44 (0)1561 340205
(Call for visiting hours)
Old Fettercairn 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky
Fettercairn was founded in 1824 and is reputed to be the second oldest licensed distillery in Scotland. It was rebuilt in 1897 after a fire had destroyed the distillery. Production was stopped in 1926 until 1939 when it was acquired by The National Distillers of America. In 1966 the number of stills where doubled from 2 to 4. The distillery was then acquired by Tomintoul-Glenlivet Distillery Co Ltd in 1971 and then Whyte & Mackay in 1973. Only 4% of the production is actually sold as single malt, the remaining 96% is used in blends such as the Whyte & Mackay blend.

On new bottlings of Fettercairn the word "Old" has been dropped and replaced with "1824" the year that the distillery was founded. In general the house style tends to be: Earthy, sulphury and nutty.
 

Old Fettercairn Tasting Notes


Old Fettercairn Whisky Tasting NotesOld Fettercairn 12 Year Old Single Malt.
Colour: Medium gold.
Nose: Light, stimulating fresh aroma with a hint of nutmeg.
Taste: Nutty dryness, yet fresh with a toffeeish sweetness. Beautifully balanced.
Finish: Medium length. Sweet, nutty, dry.

Similar Tasting Whisky Suggestions
 

Where To Buy Old Fettercairn Whisky Online


Select a country for a list Whisky shops near you:

Old Fettercairn Bottlings


Old Fettercairn offer you the following choice of single malts:
  • Fettercairn 1824 12 Year Old.
  • Old Fettercairn 12 Year Old Bottled 1980's.
  • Old Fettercairn White Label Bottled 1970's.
  • You will find a selection of Old Fettercairn single malt whisky available from top whisky shops such as
    The Whisky Exchange.

Old Fettercairn Reviews


Have you tried Old Fettercairn? Why not add your own review and tasting notes to this page. ADD YOUR OWN REVIEW
 

Whisky Guide:


<<<Back to the A to Z Of Single Malt Whisky

Top Of Page

 
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 
 

2014 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.