Knockando Whisky Scotch Single Malt - A to Z of Whiskies

Knockando Single Malt Scotch Whisky


Region:
Established:
Water Source:
Owner:

Distillery Status:
Open To Visitors:
Phone Number:
Speyside
1898
The Cardnach Spring
United Distillers & Vintners
Operational
Yes
+44 (0)1340 810205
(Call for visiting hours)
The Knockando distillery was established in 1898 by John Thomson a spirit broker from Elgin. Knockando was the first Speyside distillery to use electricity in the early 1900's. The distillery closed only two years after opening. In 1904, it was acquired by W & A Gilbey Ltd, the famous London gin producers. The distillery was partially rebuilt in 1969, when another couple of stills was addedi doubling its production capacity. Knockando became part of IDV (Gran Metropolitan Hotels) in 1975.

Knockando single malt has always bottled as vintages, and the distillery has been selling single malt since 1978. Only 8% of the Knockando whisky is sold as single malt, the remaining 92% is used in blends such as J&B and Spey Royal.
 

Knockando Tasting Notes


Knockando 1991 12 Year Old Malt.
Colour: Gold.
Nose: Fragrant, but with more pronounced almond aroma.
Taste: Smooth, creamy fruity. Hint of smoke.
Finish: Long with slight sweetness and a hint of smoke and coffee.

Similar Tasting Whisky Suggestions
 

Where To Buy Knockando Whisky Online


Select a country for a list Whisky shops near you:

Knockando Bottlings


Knockando offer you the following choice of single malts:
  • 1991 12 Year Old New Presentation.
  • 1982 Extra Old Bottled 2003.
  • 1975 Bottled 1987.
  • 1972 Bottled 1983.
  • 1972 Bottled 1985.
  • 1966 Bottled 1978.
  • Knockando single malt is all bottle as vintages. You will find a great selection available from top whisky shops such as The Whisky Exchange.

Knockando Reviews


Have you tried Knockando? Why not add your own review and tasting notes to this page. ADD YOUR OWN REVIEW
 

Whisky Guide:


<<<Back to the A to Z Of Single Malt Whisky

Top Of Page

 
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 
 

2017 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.